sterling bank?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by far gone, Sep 5, 2001.

1. far gone

far gone Well-Known Member

I am trying to get a secured credit card that will give you a little more than your deposit on your card...what credit report does sterling bank pull..my equifax is my best report...3 good accounts one under investigation..any suggestions????

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

cap 1 gave me a $500 limit with $99 deposit. Got my deposit back on the 14th month. Now have $2100 unsecured gold 13.9% visa at month 17 with them.

thats a pretty good deposit/line rate.

Secured cards pretty much will approve you with the minimum deposit, regardless of score unless you have current lates.. In which case you shouldn't be applying really.

3. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

They pulled EX on me and I live in a state that 90% of the time has EQ pulled.

Sterling guarantees approval and at least 120% of your deposit as credit. If you apply for a cobranded card, they don't even pull a report. I didn't want to run around with a card that said junum.com so I chose the regular silver card.

Steph

4. aross79

aross79 Member

I got a secured card from them 2 years ago. I had absolutely no credit to speak of and had just been turned down for a secured card from Bank One. They gave me 120% of my deposit ($300 credit for $250 deposit). My only complaint against them is that in the two years that I've had the card, during which I maintained a perfect record (no lates, no over limit), they have granted me a measly $100 in unsecured increases! I think I'm ready for a prime card anyway so as I soon as I find the right one I'm going to dump them. But they were still good for me to start with and I would definitely recommend them to someone having a hard time getting approved.