Stolen Wallet.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, May 2, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey Roni, just catching up on the board and saw what happened. That's terrible. I'm glad that none of the cards have been used. Based on that, I wouldn't put a fraud alert on your file at this time, unless, of course, something else happens. It sounds like you've got everything under control. I'm sure everything will work out ok. Best of luck.

2. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if you can get a fraud alert removed once it is put on?

Godaddyo

3. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

PHILLY PD REPORT

I forgot you're in Philly too. That means there's a whole new twist on that police report. File the report at the district station your clinic is in. If at all possible, see if there is a beat cop walking around and have that officer do it (get name and badge #). And make sure you get that DC NUMBER from whomever does the report!!! This is important because Philly PD does not give out copies of their police reports--on the spot, that is. Police reports are obtained from the Department of Records (for a fee). I know because I had a car stolen from there :-(

What happens is a cop comes out and takes notes...if the "report" seems frivolous/petty/not worthy of his time, it doesn't make it into the computer and doesn't get a DC number. (That's part of that mess several months ago about the "redesignated" rape cases. I have a buddy with a brother in Philly PD airport division.) Anyway, I had to go to that station the next day and that's when I found out he didn't enter my report into the systemwide computer, it was only on the local district blotter (whick sucked ass because it was "found" 2 districts over--it got 2 parking tickets the day after it was stolen and the day after that). They finally got it back about 2 months later but my insurance had already paid out.

What you then do is get the "application" to get a copy of your police report from the district station or the Philly PD website. http://www.ppdonline.org/ You mail that form with the DC number and your money to City Hall and wait about 15 weeks (mine came in 13) and then you'll get a censored printout of your report (they remove the complaintant's address and phone number). Hope this helps you out!

I had a friend who went in for day surgery at Jefferson in Center City. They told her to bring NO valuables with her! She took the train in, carried only about $5 in cash and her DL, both tucked into her shoe. She said some vagrant looking guy still tried to hit her up for money in her hospital gown! (Ever notice all the cops on foot walking around the hospitals there?)

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: PHILLY PD REPORT

Thanks guys. I went to the police precinct in my area tonight and filed a police report. I had a very unusual incident happen at work today. I think I know who stole it. I filed a police report for both incidences.

roni

5. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Re: PHILLY PD REPORT

Roni,

I am very sorry about your wallet being stolen. I'm glad you were able to cancel everything before they did any damage. KEEP YOUR OFFICE LOCKED from now on:) If necessary, you should carry a small bag that only has your ID and a small amount of cash if you know you're not going to need your credit or debit cards during the day.

6. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Sorry to offend YOU DAVE...

Well my intent was not to offend Roni, I obviously overlooked the sensitive people.

I have had my things stolen in the past, and some good did come out of it, and I learned from the situtation.

A good thing comes out of ALL situations.

There are two forces at work around you, external, and internal. You have very little control over external forces. What really matters are the internal forces. How do your respond to those external forces? Over that you have total control.

No one on this earth can hurt you, unless you accept the hurt in your own mind. The problem is not other people, its your reaction to them.