Store Credit Cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jp, Apr 30, 2000.

1. jp

jp Guest

I am still rebuilding my cedit after my 12/98
    Ch 7 Discarge. I now have a total of 3 Visa's & Mastercards as well as a new lease from Ford. I would like to add some Credit Cards from some stores to my credit report and wnted to know which stores will approve someone in my situation who is rebuilding after bankruptcy Any ifo would be helpful.

2. JP

JP Guest

I'll answer your question, but also give you my opinion of store cards. I feel that since you already have 3 major reporting credit lines w/ a positive payment history why bother with the store cards? I don't think it will help you score, because more than 3 cards isn't necessarily good. Anyway, if you insist the card from Target and Lowe's are relatively easy to get.

Regards,
    JP (the JP from OK)

3. Michelle

Michelle Guest

I can vouch for the Target. I got one when my score was around 550. I haven't had a single problem with them. (They haven't volunteered to raise my limit either, I haven't asked either).

They are building a Lowes in my area. I might have to try and get one of theirs. I love home improvment stores :0

4. FISH

FISH Guest

Usually when Lowes builds in an area, they pull pre=approved for lower than perfect scores and send out an offer for the card. I'd wait till they are near opening and see if you get one in the mail.

Ask Target for an increase they are slow on them but will give them if you have a good payment record with them.

5. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

My daughter, who has really bad credit, but no bankruptcy, applied for a Goodyear card. She was approved and received a $700 limit. She can also use her card for cash advances up to $150 in most ATMs. I burned up the slip with her PIN, so she can't get the cash, but it's one retail card that will come in really handy in case of an auto emergency.

She's asked me to help her get her credit back in order, so I've helped most by destroying anything that will enable her to get cash advances. Creditors will eat you alive when you draw cash.