Strange (Equifax)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lucy, Mar 21, 2001.

1. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

I just received my Equifax credit report in the mail. My mortgage company has reported to them that I was 30 days late one time (true). No mention of it on Experian or Trans Union. I wonder why?

By the way, my mortgage company has never reported before, and I have owned my house for almost 3 years.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Write the mortgage company asking why they don't report to all 3...

3. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

They already told me they do not report to any unless you are delinquent so I don't need to write them.

My Equifax report is actually the best of all with one CC charge off not even listed (joint with my husband) and not on either report. I'll leave it alone. Experian and Trans Union are a different story, the dates of status are all wrong, I will need a year to fix it.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JUST F.Y.I. ~ when you "apply" for credit, and you have NO mortgage on the credit report...they start asking questions.

5. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

George:

They will not report, so what can I do? You cannot FORCE them to report.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I meant that if you apply for credit and say you "OWN" and mortgage is $xxx/month they can't "SEE" if your paying on time if it is not there. Paying mortgage on time helps "sway the deal" (APPROVAL).

I DIDN'T MEAN, NOBODY CAN RENT...

7. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

The mortgage company that I had before is listed on there. It says "mortgage transfered or sold to another lender". So they can "see" that I am not lying.

8. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Some lenders will also consider a homeowner in a higher catagory than a renter. Obvious reasons, you are less likely to move....property to attach if you don't pay etc.

9. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Strange (Equifax)
    Author: lizardking (---.tampabay.rr.com)
    Date: 03-21-01 13:31

Why is that? We had never had a mortgage until February of this year and we never had anyone comment, "Why don't you have a mortgage on your credit report?"

I think the obvious answer for most people would be, "We rent."
    Re: Strange (Equifax)
    Author: GEORGE (---.ftclns1.co.home.com)
    Date: 03-21-01 13:42

I meant that if you apply for credit and say you "OWN" and mortgage is $xxx/month they can't "SEE" if your paying on time if it is not there. Paying mortgage on time helps "sway the deal" (APPROVAL).

I DIDN'T MEAN, NOBODY CAN RENT...

Reply To Messages= What if the mortage is paid off:
    Seems like creditors like give people a hard time with stupid asumptions which have no bearing on the facts!

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IF MORTGAGE IS PAID OFF PUT $0 (OWN)...

They still must know if you own or rent.