Strange new card design from Citi

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by c5kirk, Jun 13, 2001.

1. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

Recently upgraded my 2 AAdvantage cards from Citibank (Silver & Gold). Upgraded the Silver to an AAdvantage Gold World MC and upgraded the Gold to an AAdvantage Platinum World MC. Got them in the mail yesterday and the two cards are identical (same design, color, etc...). Only difference is that one has "Platinum Level" and the other has "Gold Level", both in small white letters at the bottom of the card. Also had a letter in there saying how they hoped that I like their "newly designed" cards.

This is the first time I've gotten cards that weren't the color of the card level (silver, gold, plat, etc...). Just wondering if anyone has these cards with this design and what you think. Personally I don't like it as well. In my wallet I can only see the top 1/4" or so of my cards so this makes it more difficult to quickly pull out the one I want to use. Is this a new trend or something? Anyone else doing this?

Thanks
    Kirk

2. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Did they pull an inquiry to do the upgrades?

3. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

No. On my last statement (online) there was a little blurb saying "You're account has been upgraded. Please call 1-888-Phone# for details." Called the number and they told me that my silver was eligible for a Gold World upgrade and my Gold was eligible for a Platinum World upgrade. No report was pulled and the cards arrived 3 days later.

Kirk