strange response from orchard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lisa, Sep 13, 2000.

1. lisa

lisa Guest

My husband applied online for an Orchard Bank card (Mastercard "Plus"). He got a denial letter in the mail. He called Orchard Bank to find out if he could possibly qualify for the regular card and they told him that he was approved by their standards but Credit Data (supplier of experian reports) said not to give him a card. This sounds really strange. I didn't think cra's make decisions on that. Any insight?

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: strange response from orch

That is too strange. I would call them back & ask to speak to a supervisor if the next representative cannot assist you. I have never heard of a CRA authorizing or declining credit to a consumer. The CRA's state that as a fact on their websites & in the information they send you with your credit reports. Good luck & please keep us informed!

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Could there possibly be a fraud alert on his credit report?

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Quite possibly. That sounds like a good reason.

5. lisa

lisa Guest

fraud alert?

Why would this occur? How would he know if this was on his report?

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: fraud alert?

It is MOST likely he was declined because Orchard is now owned by Household Bank.
    Household probably contracts with this firm -and probably now makes all Orchard decisions.
    Household has somewhat higher qual standards.

BUT, Orchard was supposed to be a very good card until the takeover.

Forget the fraud - the Rep screwed up.
    Dogman

7. FISH

FISH Guest

Ever since Housejold took over they have cracked down some on the credit offered there. I called them after being denied a Master Card and asked that if they advertise as a card issuer who helps people rebuild their credit then why was I denied as I have had very good credit for 3 1/2 years now. The rep put in a request for it to be manually reviewed and guess what---denied still. Apparently Household has stricter terms now. I called them back again and was told that they also will lower your credit line if they feel that you have too much credit at the time they review it. I guess Orchard is not in charge too much now.

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

AGREE Fish

I was pre-approved for an Orchard Card a while back but didn't do it.

I saw some posts that Household was going to do something to the credit line increases, or something negative.

Sounds like they will try to squeeze out the current Orchard good crowd by sticking them with higher rates - hoping they will leave.

They will. Dog

9. justme

justme Guest

Don't worry...Household sucks - it's a card not owrth having. I've been thinking of closing my account with them for a couple months.

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I'll have to agree with that also. They SUCK! My ex had a card that was bought? by Household (I think it was a GM Mastercard...not sure). Then when I discovered that my ex had added me on as an authorized user (I never accepted the card) and blew the account off, they put that on my credit! I called Household and disputed with them but they were basically NOT TRYING TO HEAR what I was saying. I disputed it with the CRA's and they took it off! :)