Strike 2:(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 25, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I tried again and they still won't agree to remove for payment. I would like to write a letter but I know I must be very careful with my writing so I don't appear to be agreeing to pay the debt. Does anyone have suggestions or examples of letters I can write? I have searched some sites but can't seem to find the correct one.

Thanks

2. 777

777 Guest

Just curious, if you don't mind answering... did the collection agency ever send notification that you owed the debt? Just asking because I got an agency to remove two items because they were not licensed to collect in the state I lived in. In exchange for payment, they removed the items.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I think they did several years ago, though I am not sure, it might have been sold to them. How did you find out if they were licensed in your state?? I have no problems settling this debt I just would like it removed.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I think they did several years ago, though I am not sure, it might have been sold to them. How did you find out if they were licensed in your state?? I have no problems settling this debt I just would like it removed.

5. 777

777 Guest

I got the creditors phone number off my credit report and initiated contact with them to settle the debt. I called the State of Hawaii consumer affairs department and they told me that that agency could not legally attempt to collect the debt in that state.

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Did you try....

What about getting them to settle for payment in exchange for them not being able to send any updates to the CRA's and also to purge all existance of this account on their files? I read on another post that someone got this agreement from a company. Then they disputed w/ the CRA's and it came back unverified.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Did you try....

Yes I remember reading that and tried it, but they will only mark it zero balance. So I guess I may end up with a paid collection on his account after all, but that is what I must do in the end to get the mortgage, so if all else fails it is off to improving his scores in other ways.

8. r

r Guest

RE: Did you try....

Just an FYI--not all states require collection agencies to be licensed---actually, very few do require it. I had a similar situation and luckily I found out that my state does require licensing.

One suggestion for letters or what you could do is to call the FTC--I find them to be very helpful!

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Mom, I'd not ask them again, put it back, work on the next thing, then go back about 3 months later and escalate to a supervisor
    that THIS STILL HASNT BEEN SOLVED!
    Please remove it completely.

You get it off their desks, then get routed to someone else who will waive the entry - just to close it out.

ALSO - you'll have the next thing working too :)

CYA _ Dogman