Student Cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by S.D., Nov 17, 2000.

1. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Can you apply for a student credit card even though you're not a student? Or do they ask you specific questions regarding your school, etc.? Just wondering...

2. Eboni

Eboni Guest

S.D.- Slow Down!!!

You seem desperate for credit, chill out. Student cards are for students. Why not wait until you get approved for Netbank, then just use your Visa Checkcard?

Credit is NOT FREE money. Credit is a loan that must be paid back!

What are your credit goals? A house, a car?
    Cards to impress your friends?

If you are looking for credit because you are short on cash then you need to work on better saving habits.

I'm not trying to disrespect you or anything. Perhaphs if you clarified to board your credit goals everyone would be able to help you better.

3. Carrot

Carrot Guest

They ususally require you to send in a copy of your i.d. or current class schedule.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

The Associates' web site will approve (almost) anyone for a student Visa, if given the name of the school: http://www.studentcreditcard.com

Whether you choose to violate the law by pretending to be a student when you're not -- that's your decision. I wouldn't do it though.

Saar

5. dave

dave Well-Known Member

If you DO end up either going to school or saying you go to school, Associates may not be the best choice.

I applied for their student mastercard - I'm really a student - and was approved for a $300 limit!

I immediately called and cancelled the card the day I received it because $300 is much too small of a tradeline for me. My other lines are thousands of dollars. I have a full-time advertising job as well, so my income is quite considerable for a student. Still, they said $300 is what they start you out at...

6. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I was just curious. I'm really trying to establish my credit and I wanted to find out the details about everything. I wasn't going to apply for a student visa because I'm not a student. At one point I wanted to get a car loan, but they kept saying that I had no credit, so my goal now is to try and establish something for the future. I didn't mean to come across as desperate, but in a way, I'm really eager to try and build my credit.