Student CC cards..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dinob12, Jul 19, 2001.

1. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

I was wondering about Student CC cards..They approve almost anyone right as long as you are a full time college student ?...Does that mean if you are 23 and decide to go back to school for another degree and applied for a student CC, are your chances better to get a prime card such as a Citibank or a AMEX green card or is it just for individuals that are 18 through 22 ??

2. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

My husband and I started back to school this week,and we are waaaaay beyond 22. I am waiting to see if they send us student cc offers...

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Hi,

Student credit cards are ment to help "students" build their credit. I dont think that there is an age discrimination on student credit cards. But, they are easier to get. Especially if you have no negatives on your credit. I got the discover student card, mbna, and citibank, (which mbna and citibank are now closed accounts)....all just for being a student with no negative info on the report that they pulled.

I decided to keep the discover student card with only 1000.00 limit because i want the cash back. I received preappovals for the platinum discover but didnt have strong enough credit and high enough income. Im still waiting to get the Amex student card. Im working on my equifax report, well junum is.

Anyway, good luck....And, seek out discover and citi student cards. They pulled TU for me, which is clean!

psugirl

4. poobybear

poobybear Well-Known Member

I have had good luck with the Associates card. They have given me increases every four months from the beginning, and my apr is decent. I started about two years ago with a student card for 500 and now they have moved me up to regular with gold. I have other student cards and this one is definitely the best.