Student Loan & Credit Repo

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ster, Dec 15, 2000.

1. Ster

Ster Guest

Hi,

I have Defaulted on student loan. And now I am still paying to The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) . I guess it's the state agency. And have about $7000 to go which I originally took loan only $15000 but after plus Interest $240000 totally. Recently, I pulled my 3 in 1 credit report I noticed that TU is the only one who reports about my student loan. You can take a look my credit report at

http://www.geocities.com/jetsoho/Loan.jpg

I would like to know if I pay off, Will this record be deleted? Or I have to wait for 7 years, Or there is other way to negociate with The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) to delete this record??.

Please advise
    Thanks in advance.

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: Student Loan & Credit

Best of luck...I have been in a student loan nightmare since I originally took out my first loan back in 1991. Not only has my loan transferred numerous times, but here's the best part. I consolidated my loans in 1994, the bank I was originally through was acquisitioned by another institution and subsequently disolved. Well, not only did my loan get reported, somehow, as being defaulted, but a judgement was entered and is now listed on my credit report, for the same loan that I have been paying for and the same one that was consolidated and paid off. Anyone who wishes to take out a student loan beware....or most definitely watch it carefully and keep track of it.