student loan ? for marci or roni

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by frankowes, Jun 30, 2001.

1. frankowes

frankowes Well-Known Member

hey guys..i am now in rehab....heh heh heh
    (not the betty ford clinic).

I was wondering, when you were in rehab did they report your payments to the CRAs? If they didn't or don't do you think it is a good idea to have them do it?

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Hi frankowes,

For me, nothing was reported to the CRAs by the servicer during the rehabilitation. The only notations I had on my reports were "unpaid collection" for each disbursement, which of course were deleted when I finished rehabilitation. I wouldn't worry about having the servicer update to the CRA during the rehabilitation (it's only going to be deleted in a year anyway, right?). Even if a peson tried to get updated information during rehabilitation, the only update that truly helps is "paid as agreed/no lates" which probably won't happen. An update of a lower balance on an unpaid collection doesn't really do anything for our scores. :-(

The only thing I would be obsessed about is making sure the collection agency rehabilitating the loan is posting the payments to the servicer *on time every time* and that the servicer is aware that you are rehabilitating the loan. And then I'd obsess about making sure the deletions occur as promised (I had to follow-up on mine to get them off).

Hope this helps,

3. frankowes

frankowes Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks, I totally understand.