student loan update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Feb 22, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I talked to a VERY nice lady at Ed fund today and she answered just about every question I had. She told me that they would delete the one entry in September but really they didn't have to do it until 6/2002. She told me to call her back in Sept and she'd take care of it. She also told me that Citibank and Unipac are giving me the runaround. She was cool. I wanted it removed before June but I guess I will just let it ride out until Sept. I feel confident that she will do it and didn't want to push the issue. She also said that only a few people in companies like the ones I mentioned have access to credit reports and thats why you get those "push off" letters. She said what they do is pull up your loan and see that it was in default and automatically send you to the person that bought the loan instead of dealing with the issue at hand. I wrote Ed Fund an email about a month ago and just got a reply yesterday. This lady works in a specific division of Ed fund that deals with credit reporting. Do you think if I called up in June and asked again she would just remove it?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Let's hope she still has her job in Sept.

roni