student loans

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shelby, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any luck with Junum getting defaulted student loans deleted? I am wondering if I should wait and see if they can or try to go ahead and start the rehabilitation process. Any suggestions?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I had my defaulted student loans deleted by junum. They deleted 3 stubborn ones that Experian wouldnot delete. I got them off myself at Equifax. However, my loans were consolidated and 0 balanced. If you owe student loans they will come back on your report for sure even if deleted. I suggest you rehabilitate the loans before the feds start garnishing you and ruin your credit even further by selling the loan and you end up with multiple bad entries.

roni

3. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

When student loans are in rehabilitation, how do they show up on your CR? Does it note that they are in rehabilitation and is that payment history shown?

4. Link

Link Guest

nope...at least for me i couldn't get them to do anything...WOW, something i can finally answer...it just so happens that i completed my rehab Feb 15th this year.

I've been patiently awaiting the results...After a month of waiting, i talked with the collection agency
    wanting to know 'What's up'. Why haven't i heard from the student loan people and why does the neg
    info still show up....they assured me everything was fine and even informed me that they would not
    take any more payments from me as it was the responsibility of the student loan people...i said ok but when are they gonna call or do you have a contact #...they couldn't provide me any answers...well, so happens
    my wife had written down the student loan phone number from years ago when i would have her answer the phone cause i was hiding from them :)

Well i got a hold of them and guess what they had been trying to contact me at my previous phone(the one i used to have my wife answer when i knew they'd be calling) :)

they informed that they were sending me my first monthly statement and that everything should be deleted by the end of this month and if it's not, i can dispute it and they will confirm it immediately...

anybody have any ideals about how much your FICO score increase when a "written off" 14k student loan gets deleted? 10/20/30...do i hear more :) thanks.

5. Link

Link Guest

Re: student loans, roni

roni...do you remember how much your FICO score increased when the defaulted student loans were removed? just curious...

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: student loans, roni

Not much. I typed up my score pattern to deletions on yesterday to lizardking. You might wanna read that exchange. My score crept up slowly with combination of deletions and adding new accounts.

As for my 1 rehabilitated perkins student loan, itwas 120 days late and I am rehabiliating the late. They changed my status during rehab to current during the rehab process. I will be done rehabing this loan in Oct01.

roni