Sub-Prime Cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Desmond, Nov 16, 2000.

1. Desmond

Desmond Guest

I'm trying to rebuild my credit after BK in 98 what are some other sub prime cards I can apply for besides Capital One, Providian, Cross Country, Direct Merchants Bank

2. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Avoid Cross Country. Providian will give you quick limit increases, so you might want to consider them. I've heard good things about Orchard and Sterling.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Aria (providian) gave me an account when i reached 6 months of at least 1 positive trade line, (at end of month 4 they declined). Month 6, instant approval online.

Try it. Everyone here says they will give quick increases. I am at month 2 end now. When i get an increase i'll post here.

4. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Try First North American National Bank (FNANB). They issue an attractive card and are part of Circuit City.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

http://www.webbbox.com/business/f/firstnanationalbank.htm

Quick search, resulted in the following link.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

As a credit builder, I applied for the Aria after having my first credit line open for only a couple of months.

Was approved for the Aria Persona. The Persona model is no doubt a rip-off, so I withdrew my application.

Saar

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I agree its a total ripoff. But, people here say they give and give quickly, upgrades to more limits and grace, and lower apr.

I figure if they can do it, so can I.

I figures its just the price to pay for making mistakes.

Capitalone still is the my favourite, i feel cap 1 gives a Fair ($99 for $500) secured deposit line, good customer service, online bill payment, increases(although conservative), and the card looks like every other capitalone card (no stigma).

Aria is my #2 choice, due to its Acceptance fee, high yearly fee, high interest, and no grace. They do however, have online payment (important to me), decent customer service, and from what i hear, very liberal credit line increases.