Sub-prime credit line increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JD, Nov 6, 2000.

1. JD

JD Guest

All subprime cards require 9 - 12 months of payment history before they will give you a credit line increase at no charge. That means, for 9 - 12 months, you have to be BOTH under your credit limit and have no past dues. If during that time, you go past due or over limit, the whole process starts over. But, once you've gotten the first free credit line increase, you will continue to get them more often, about every 3 months depending on the bank. This would include Household bank, Providian, Orchard, First Union and several others.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Sub-prime credit line incr

That is a crock.
    Everyone at aria who behaves gets an offer at 6 months.

I received 2 credit increases with capitalone and a special offer for $300 extra within 8 months.

try again.

3. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

Providian increases every 3 months from the very beginning, if you use the card a lot and don't get into troubles.
    Associates increased at 6 months.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Providian and capital one doe

Where are you getting your info. I have providian and they gave me a "free" $400 increase after 4 months. I started rebuilding with a capital one secured card and they gave me a "free" $200 increase after 6 months. I was over the limit twice with the capital one and they said that was the reason I was "only" getting the $200. I would have been more. So I dont know where you get this information. It is not correct and I hope others are not mislead by your bold and erroneous statements.

roni.

JD wrote:
    -------------------------------
    All subprime cards require 9 - 12 months of payment history before they will give you a credit line increase at no charge. That means, for 9 - 12 months, you have to be BOTH under your credit limit and have no past dues. If during that time, you go past due or over limit, the whole process starts over. But, once you've gotten the first free credit line increase, you will continue to get them more often, about every 3 months depending on the bank. This would include Household bank, Providian, Orchard, First Union and several others.

5. JD

JD Guest

OK, so some providian cards offer credit line inceases sooner if you rack up the charges, and Capitol One is willing to give you an unsecured line of credit on a secured card. MOST sub-prime credit cards will not give a free credit line increase until a payment history has been established, and typically that takes 9-12 months. I'm sure their are some out there that do not follow that EXACT timeline.