Subprime To Prime!! Chase Approves

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mglanham, Sep 19, 2001.

1. mglanham

mglanham Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I have been attempting credit repair for about 8 months now. Today, I am proud to announce that I was approved online for a Chase Gold Card with $6000 limit, 15.9% APR (I know, that's not the best, but I will work on it, I am thrilled with the $6000 dollar limit) also a 2.9% introductory APR for six months, and a 2.9% balance transfer fee (which I will use to transfer my balance with Associates).
    Here's the history, Experian 1 neg, a chargeoff $150 (still working on it), Experian 3 chargeoffs (hopeless), TRANS UNION CLEAN! Just got the report yesterday, knew Chase usually pulls from them, (matter of fact, was denied not but two months ago from them). Applied and recieved that wonderful online approval!. Couple questions as well, how easy is it to upgrade to Platinum??? $6000 gold limit, I should be able to upgrade, shouldn't I. Also, can you apply for multiple cards?? Anyway, for all of those that are still out there trying, don't give up! I was a hopeless case not but 4 months ago.

For those of you wondering, TU score when applied 720. I got it over the phone right before I called.

Matt
    Bad Credit..............but not that bad

2. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

Congrats! Sounds like you were in a similar situation as I was. I had one CRA that was squeaky clean. Key was to find a prime card the used that CRA. It worked for me with AMEX blue. If you can't go through 'em, go around 'em.

3. mglanham

Sometimes you have to cross your fingers and pray, worked for me. Also it gives me a little more hope and some more fire to get the rest of the crap on my other two reports taken care of.

4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Waaaaaaaay cool! I'm thrilled for ya, guy!

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Nice work Mglanham, and congratulations on your new card.

Chase is a good company. I think you'll be a satisfied customer for many years to come.

Donna

6. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Great news Matt.....!!!!

Doing the Happy Dance ;-)

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Cool deal! Congratulations!

8. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

Congratulations Matt!!! Its great to get out of subhell

9. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

congrats....

10. mglanham

Thanks to all, if it wasn't for this board and you people I might be considering paying Crooks Country Bank 100 beans for a 350 credit increase instead of cancelling there a$$ tomorrow. I can't wait to make that call, going to wait until I recieved my new gold card and activate it first, just to make sure. I think my situation should be a boost for all. When I started, I had 7 negs on TU, including an FCNB and a Providian chargeoff. A lot of work, and a lot of luck later, I now have my first clean report. Just keep plugging away and try every tactic available to you and eventually things will get better. I am not done with my repair process, but this week (when I had almost given up) things really turned positive. I still am thrilled over the results. Again, thank you all, it's support from the creditnetters and the success stories that have kept me focused. As soon as I get my gold card, I'll charge a few drinks and toast you all!!!!

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I personally would NOT spend more than $0.34 for a credit line increase...but if you want the increase, then tell them $100 for $350 is WAY TOO HIGH...$50 for $1,000 OR CLOSE IT!!!

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

As soon as I get my gold card, I'll
    charge a few drinks and toast you all!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I TAKE PEPSI ON THE ROCKS...

13. mglanham

i totally agree george, the only thing is with bad credit they know they got you by the lugnuts and can do whatever they want. They really won't cooperate. I never pay for increases (which is why i rarely get them), but you know as well as i do that higher limits help your credit/debt ratio so alot of times its tempting. Many people in my situation will agree, it's almost impossible to get decent increases. Today however, I am in a position to tell them to shove there crappy card where they wipe.