success in disputing duplicate

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mt, Dec 11, 2000.

1. mt

mt Guest

Hi,

I thought I read somewhere that if the original creditor, in my case, Discover, charges off an account and sells it to an agency, uhmm... Creditrust, I think, the both organizations cannot continue to report the same account? Does anyone know about this or had any success in disputing a similar situation. Creditrust has tacked on some outrageous fees to the original balance (like $1000), so I'm not quite sure how to handle that.

Thanks for any constructive suggestions or comments.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: success in disputing dupli

Yes it should only be on your report once, dispute this and tell them this is a DUPLICATE entry. Also you mentioned Creditrust, when was the original delinquency/last day activity. The reason I ask is I had a delinquent account from 1989 and they tried contact me and trick me into paying this uncollectable debt, they are slime balls if you ask me. I wrote them and told them what laws they would be violating etc in regards to trying to sue or report this account, never heard from them again.

3. TommyC

TommyC Guest

Hi MT,
    I have yet to have an entry posted by CreditTrust to my credit reports, but like yourself, I had a charge off with Discover too. In my research towards sorting out my three-and-a-half, year old Discover charge off, I've learned that CreditTrust was purchased by NCO, out Ft Harrison, PA.. CreditTrust was the third attempt to collect on my charge off, and even though CreditTrust nor, NCO, are listed on my credit reports, the outrageous interest charges are. I disputed the balance and it came back verified, and NCO, started calling me again. So, the saga continues...Best wishes on your dispute, TommyC

4. skip

skip Guest

Here is a trick they use.The charged off account may be listed as a zero balance. The second account may show a balance amount. Therefore the "history" is accurate and the balances do not show that you owe double which is innacurate reporting. This problem was discussed by Kristi in a old post I think on this board, and I think she said they can get away with this. However she said you should dispute it because is can be misleading if not accurate , don't quote me but search for a previous post.

5. MBA in Pit

MBA in Pit Guest

Hey. mt, contact me. This happened to me, not once, but twice. I look forward to receiving an e-mail from you.

mba9999@aol.com
    12-24-00