Success with my crappy cards !

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newcomer2, Oct 17, 2000.

1. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Just thought that this info Might be Informative To a few .. Well Here it goes,I've got alot of sub-prime cards Ten or so. So Getting in the world of Prime is Hard with All these accounts Almost maxed out . So I made the best of them . For Providian I got to Cards 1)2000 and the other 2)1000. Lowered thier APR to 19 and 16.9, and waiver both annual Fees ! . DMB for 2600, Lowered APR to 19.7 . The apr's for all of them b4 where above 23.9 !! . So it's deffinatly a difference . And I'm Surprised they Budged specially that I didn't have that much of a bargining power with all of them near the limit.
    More Info for the people who applied to the citibank AAdvantage silver. I was told by the rep (was was extremly nice ) that they like to see less than 65% balance on most of your accounts, and a one year period on the newones. they really don't care about inquiries except when they are real recent to see if an account was approved for you by anther creditor. And best of all If you get Denied you can call and Explian to a supervisor and they have the power to override the deniel . hope this helps.
    Good luck everyone

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Success with my crappy car

you go boy. you did pretty good for a newcomer.

3. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

yup thankx to this board !

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Great Info!

Hey Newcomer2,

That was some great info! I wonder how the override approval is going to work out for others who were denied? Humm.....

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I refer to my capital one card as crappy because I have had that secured card for alomost 2 years and they only gave me one lousy $100 increase and that was after the 1 1/2year mark. I hope you didn't take offense when I called it crappy.

6. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Lol not At all I've got Cap one 2 . Couldn;t Be much worse with that wooping 200 line on a gold .i'm just keeping it as a sevonier so that i wouldn't have missed on any supprime offer out there lol. j/k i'm gonna close it in a year . I read your post earlier 2day , live in south cali 2 and also a finance student about to transfer to long beach . Don't you just love the rent out here !! lol Good luck with school .

7. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

RE: Great Info!

Don't really know . But i guess you've got to be real convincing! :)Definatly got to have a valid point to argue from . Mine will be I have alot of cards with high balance and i would love to transfer them on to your card and have the luxury of a single payment . Didn;t work with most others , but who know's it depends on the rep . You've gotta be nice to get anywhere with them. ..

8. Cadillac408

The rent?

PLEASE!!!!!

You haven't seen rent until you've tried to live in the Bay Area! People are turning jobs down because they can't find an affordable place to live!

I know I know.....off the topic...sorry!

9. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

RE: The rent?

Lol that's true heard alot about the Bay area thats quite out of hand their definatly worse than orange county . It's just to much ! Don't think it would be worth it even if the job pays that much over there . last i heard it was a studio for 2000 grand or something like that , it;s 1200 here .

10. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Try NYC!

I live right outside of New York City, and $2,000 in the city will get you a cardboard box on a street corner. :0)

chet

11. Cadillac408

Placing Bids...

Well.....in SF a friend of a friend was trying to rent this b.s. studio for him and his lady and the asking rent price was $3K. They bid (can you belive people are bidding on rentals?) $3600 and got OUT BID!!!!

I guess NY and SF are in sync.....huh, Chet?

12. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: (OT) The rent?

Those prices are why my husband turned down the job in "Silly.com Valley." Apartment prices may be out of line with housing prices here in Atlanta, but at least you can still rent a decent apt. for under a grand a month.

Cheers,
    Cindy

13. justme

justme Guest

try DC

2K in DC puts you in Maryland...and not the good part.

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Try NYC!

Amen to that Chet.

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: try DC

That is bull man. I looked for apartments in all areas. DC is high. but come on. NYC is way out there but you can find a place. What you find in DC at 2K is very nice. 2K in NYC is slightly above average.

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

try this mp40

In NYC you have to hire a broke to find you a place. They want at least 1.5 or 2 months rent for the fee. This is excluding the deposit and first and last months rent for a $1,500/mo studio. Add that up.

17. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

RE: try DC

That's true DC isn't half as bad as NYC..

18. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

RE: Placing Bids...

That's Definatly a joke , people bidding on rentals , but i've heard horror stories about SF. !

19. Cadillac408

WHAT?!?!

LMAO!!!

Dang....we are way off the topic of credit issues but OH WELL! I don't see the credit board police around so....

All I have to say to that is:

F U N K T H A T ! ! !

Are those people on crack?!?! Out here we do have brokers like that but it's more like an agency and you pay $100 for private listings at slightly lower rental rate. But what happens then is the bidding starts (once again!).

20. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: WHAT?!?!

I was lucky as heck, to find a landlord who didnot want to use a broker. Took me a few months. But I am out of NYC. I am paying less for my 1 bedroom now than my studio in manhattan. Go figure. Off the topic of citibank at least right. lol.