Success with validation letter...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by David, May 3, 2001.

1. David

David Well-Known Member

....I received a letter from Park Dansan (CA) today after sending out my validation letters to them and another CA about a Sprint bill for $68. (less than two weeks ago, by the way)

Long to short story..."Our office will process paperwork to thave this account deleted from all three credit reporting reporsitories if account has been reported to credit file. This process will take 30 to 45 days. You may use this letter for verification that deletion is being processed."

(Applause--champagne--cigars).

Park Dansan is on all three: Equifax, Experian, and Transunion.

Now some questions...suppose CA #2 just sits back and does nothing, or even more nightmarishly, says "here's our validation". They (#2) are reporting duplicately on Experian and TU--AND, they (#2) had the account FIRST (having obviously sold/passed it on to Park Dansan).

If CA #2 (who sold/passed) refuse to do anything, would I have more ammunition to the bureaus themselves with this letter and these facts?

Also, after having received my TU in the mail yesterday (which indeed has Park Dansan and CA #2), I used their form to dispute the two duplicates as "not mine, never used Sprint--and besides that, it's a duplicate not-my-account", and proceeded to put it in the mail.

Hopefully, I haven't shot myself in the foot here to save my leg....any thoughts?

By the way, that leaves one collection on Equifax which shows "paid/zero balance" from October, 1996...I've gotten neither the CA nor the hospital to budge on this one; is it worth pursuing? (It's not on my Experian or TU).

If anyone thinks it is, I will--I've even gotten letterhead from the CA on that one and have thought of composing my own deletion letter to Equifax and mailing it from their city (yeah, I know--fraud, forgery, so forth and so on)...but, I've worked diligently not to be late on any installment/revolving for going on 1995, so I'm not above it.

Sorry for the ramble....

David

2. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Thats great news Dave. Congratulations, I wish I had as much luck as did.

3. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Thats Great......

I wanted to give you some info that will help you. I hope you haven't mailed anything yet to the CRA's about the two collections. You don't have to dispute as not yours if a collection account is sold. This give the company longer time to verify. The best thing to do is send a letter to the collection agency and let them know that you are aware that they are not the original creditor and are not the authorized agent to collect this debt. Request the delete the tradeline ASAP or you will report them to the FDCRA...!!!

I hope this helps.... Good luck....!!!

4. David

David Well-Known Member

Well, I did mail a dispute to TU about the duplicate collection accounts yesterday, and then got the letter from Park Dansan today.

Should I just follow up with a phone call to TU stating that Park Dansan is deleting voluntarily anyway so kind of "never mind", but I'm still disputing CA #2?

I just don't want TU to inadvertantly keep Park Dansan on, or put it back on, because there's so much attention being drawn to it; I figure if I call them and tell them (or fax the letter to them maybe) that Park Dansan is voluntarily removing, then they can stop investigating it before they start...

...know whattamean?

David

5. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

THey do work like a champ. I wish that I would of had them instead of my silly verification letters that I was sending out, it would have mad life a lot simpler.

Godaddyo

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

.I received a letter from Park Dansan (CA) today after sending out my validation letters to them and another CA about a Sprint bill for $68. (less than two weeks ago, by the way)
    Long to short story..."Our office will process paperwork to have this account deleted from all three credit
    reporting reporsitories if account has been reported to credit file. This process will take 30 to 45 days. You may use this letter for verification that deletion is being processed."

Park Dansan is on all three: Equifax, Experian, and Transunion.

Now some questions...suppose CA #2 just sits back and does nothing, That's one of the best things that could possibly happen to you! The second good thing that could happen to you is that they send you another letter demanding payment
    Those are the two best things that could happen to you.

or even more nightmarishly, says "here's our validation".

Depends on what their validation consists of.!

They (#2) are reporting duplicately on Experian and TU--AND, they (#2) had the account FIRST (having obviously sold/passed it on to Park Dansan).

So then how are they going to validate? They can't! And they should have received the same exact demand for validation the first one did, completely eliminating the possibility of validation in the first place. Since they can't validate, and are still reporting to the credit bureaus, they are attempting to collect sums of money not due them and therefore committing extortion. And you have not even complained about that?

If CA #2 (who sold/passed) refuse to do anything, Again, you hope that they refuse to do anything. Oh! How you hope for that!

would I have more ammunition to the bureaus themselves with this letter and these facts? No! How would that give you any more ammunition than you already have?

Also, after having received my TU in the mail yesterday (which indeed has Park Dansan and CA #2), CA #2 is reporting illegally. It's up to you to prove that. No big deal.

I used their form to dispute the two duplicates as "not mine, never used Sprint--and besides that, it's a duplicate not-my-account", and proceeded to put it in the mail.

Hopefully, I haven't shot myself in the foot here to save my leg....any thoughts?

While you may not have shot yourself in the foot, you sure didn't do yourself much good.

By the way, that leaves one collection on Equifax which shows "paid/zero balance" from October,1996...

I've gotten neither the CA nor the hospital to budge on this one; is it worth pursuing? (It's not on my Experian or TU).

Of course it's worth pursuing if you go at it correctly.

If anyone thinks it is, I will--I've even gotten letterhead from the CA on that one and have thought of composing my own deletion letter to Equifax and mailing it from their city (yeah, I know--fraud, forgery, so
    forth and so on)...but, I've worked diligently not to be late on any installment/revolving for going on 1995,
    so I'm not above it.

You have lost me completely on the above. What would you say in your deletion letter?

Sorry for the ramble....

David