Success!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fingrrrl, May 31, 2001.

1. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

I got a $300 increase on my Cap One card (without even asking...found out by looking at my online statement) and Providian lowered my APR from 23.99% to 16.99%. It's been a good day. :)

2. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Congrats........whats for dinner?

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats!

I am at 19.8% with Providian gold. I presume you had to ask for a rate reduction. What was said and did you have to ask for retention?

I don't mean to be nosey but my next act of aggression against Providian is to ask for a 16.9% apr. All my other tems are fine on the card. Therefore, I am interested in what you say.

Thanks - Jim.

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

You've had a very good day. Way to go!! :-D

5. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Actually Jim, I never technically asked for a rate reduction. I've had my Aria card for a year now, started at $500, 23.99% APR, no grace period, and an annual fee of $89. Since I've kept a balance on my card, my limit has increased to almost 5K. I wrote Providian via Planetfeedback about two weeks ago and asked if my account could be changed. I was told no, but due to my good history with them, they would refund last year's annual fee and when it came on this year (since it was automated) to write and it be refunded yet again. I was told that was the best they could give me.

Then, a week later, I got an invitation to apply for their getsmart card. I thought, this was great, I have an excellent history with them and maybe I'll get gold, or even platinum this time. So I applied online and what did I get? Their crappy classic card with the $500 limit, 23.99% APR, $89 annual fee, no grace period, the whole lot. I was pissed! I wrote again via Planetfeedback and told them I thought I deserved better than that, etc, etc, I want their platinum card, etc, etc. They didn't reply. (Now maybe I was asking for much for them to reply immediately, but they had a week before)...anyway, days go by and I hear nothing from them. So I start resending my Planetfeedback letter every 4 hours or so, and also e-mails saying, I won't stop until someone replies. Well it worked!...in a manner of speaking. Mikael Lee, some executive director wrote me and said he could lower my APR to 16.99%...this from a guy who said he couldn't offer me any better terms only two weeks before. But go figure. Now I know if I scream and yell enough, I'll get what I want. Why don't you try it Jim? Good luck!

P.S. All Aria vias cardholders will become getsmart cardholders starting next month.

6. BlueVegas

BlueVegas Active Member

What;'s your FICO score? I tried last week to get Providian to lower my Rate from 23.99%. Rep told me it was in the terms of the agreement. He couldn't change it. WTF??? No lates in 2 years with them. I guess I'll try planet feedback.

BlahNVegas

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Did you talk to the regular telephone people or to retention? I've had my rate lowered from 24% to 15.9% just since March by talking to retention. I've had my oldest account with them for three years and my Equifax FICO is 650. Equifax is my best report and I would expect my TU and EX scores to be in the 570-600 range (although I have no way of knowing for sure).

8. BlueVegas

BlueVegas Active Member

What's the number for retention?

FICO is 659 and going up higher in a few weeks once more errors get straightened out?

Eloan score was 648, but things are getting fixed with that too. I'll be happy to hit 675-700. Then I'll rest.

As soon as I get my laptop I'm going to pay everything down to $0.00

FeelDHeatNVegas

9. marci

marci Well-Known Member

1-800-215-7318