Sueing Experian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tmitchell, Aug 1, 2001.

1. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.....

I disputed several student loans in June as duplicates. Six days later (June 28th), they came back verified. I just got the letter from my servicer that NOBODY ever contacted them in the month of June regarding the accounts. I spoke with CBA and they told me verbally that they corresponded with so-and-so but that so-and-so told me she don't remember speaking with them.

In either case, I have in writing that Experian never contacted them. I have a copy of my report that says "verified in 6/2001" and a copy of the results saying verified.

Can anyone tell me where to start? I'm in Phildelphia so I guess I'm asking if anyone from this area has any experience with the small-claims system.

I assume I should write them and include a copy of this letter. SHould I file first then give them out by asking for deletions OR should I give them an out first?

Tom

2. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Tom,
    Is CBA your local Experian affiliate? I may have the same type of suit in the near future against CBA. Actually, I may have several. I still have to wait about another week to be certain on one of them.

3. tmitchell

Mist....

Yes, CBA is my local affiliate. What do I sue for in small claims? Don't I have to show damages?

Tom

4. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I don't know. I'd like to find out, though.

5. tmitchell

hehe.....

I also got a letter from Experian today regarding my correspondence in reference to my credit report. The letter was from Experian's consumer affairs department. I am wondering if my student loan folks also sent Experian a copy of the letter they sent me. I already FAXED an intent-to-sue letter to Experian 2 weeks ago and referenced this letter the student loan people finally sent me.

Maybe this means they are taking me serious? Hopefully, I can get them to delete all negs in exchange for dropping the suit I'm about to file.

Tom

6. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

What fax number did you use. Please share. They won't give me one. I did get one from someone else online but haven't tried to use it yet. Is the fax number you have the local CBA (they say they have a fax but will not give it out for consumers).

7. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

I just got the results of my investigation back from Experian for a collections account. I immediately called the collections agency and was told that they were NEVER even contacted by experian. I am filing a complaint with the FTC.