Suggestion for rebuilding cred

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Renae, Jul 25, 2000.

1. Renae

Renae Guest

I'd like to share something that I did in an effort to have positive reports on my credit report in addition to the secured cards that I have.

For certain bills that I have where I make monthly payments, I've asked them if they would report my activity to the credit bureaus. I explained that I am desperately trying to rebuild my credit and need all of the positive posts that I can get! The ones that I approached agreed! For example, my electric/gas co., my school tuition, my dentists office. These are places where I had/have large balances and once I got my financial situation in order was able to start making regular monthly payments. Most of these places (as many others) only report you if you are delinquent. They don't bother if you're doing o.k. But I asked if they would and they agreed. I waited until I had somewhat of a relationship with a contact person at each place and told them what I was trying to do and also after I'd make at least 2-3 payments as promised. They all have done as they've said and have reported my positive activity to all 3 credit bureaus!

I'm hoping to buy a house within the next couple of years and really need as many positive reports as I can get! It doesn't hurt to try!