Suicide and bad credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Anonymous, Apr 8, 2001.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is there really any hope when one has screwed up their lives and credit? it could easily be between 5-8 years before the derogatories drop off my report. no good cards until then will be available. it's so depressing that life seems really gray. i hope i can make some big money like lizard does to make life seem worthwhile. i don't mean to cry, but now i am awake to the harshness of life. goodbye.

2. ????

???? Guest

Darn wrong link was supposed to be suicide prevention!!!Call a friend or anyone...It gets better!!

3. ????

???? Guest

I have notified authorities...

Author: Anonymous (acae1197.ipt.aol.com)
    Date: 04-08-01 16:52

Rescue should be in route,if fake should not post pleas in public forum and I apologize for inconvience

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

You did the right thing

If it's a fake, so what? If someone threatens suicide, always take it seriously - they may mean it and we have no way of knowing.

It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Living on cash basis is not impossible - in fact, it builds character.

breeze

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: You did the right thing

i am not faking. i am drinking and feeling sorry for myself. i wanted someone to understand. i know a very easy way to commit suicide. i guess i came across to others the wrong way. thank you, breeze. you are very understanding. i need help. with a debt to pay 60k in student loans and a personal illness that hinders working fulltime and a recent bk, it seems really gray. sorry for the intrusion on the board.

6. ????

???? Guest

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

not a problem...

I would rather have someone fool me than have someone do themselves in...
    As far as intruding on the board, don't worry. I guess everyone here has been through hard times.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Do you have anyone you can

call? Someone to talk to in real life?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Do you have anyone you can

yes

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: Do you have anyone you can

I hope they're there now. Sorry I have connection trouble tonight

11. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Please get help...

There are many solutions to your problems, you just have to want help. I was once very depressed, not really suicidal but if I didn't get help when I did who knows how much lower I'd have fallen. Find a good, understanding doctor. Doesn't even have to be a psychiatrist - just your regular physician. Make an appointment and tell your Doctor how depressed your are. He/She may prescribe anti-depressants. They changed my life. Be completely honest with your doctor - if you drink let him know. No matter what, they can find a way to help you. Some people don't want to take medication, but I say it's better than suicide. And often you only have to take them for a year to get your serotonin levels regulated so that you can feel better. If you don't have insurance, try a public health facility or health department facility for low-income people, or go on medicaid.

It will also help to see a therapist or psychologist to help you work through any issues for the long-term.

Regarding your student loans, contact them to discuss your options. If you are disabled they will work with you and may reduce your debt. They don't want you to starve. There are options, you just have to put forth the effort yourself to get the solutions - they won't help you if you don't ask.

Things will get better, you just have to make it happen. Cheer up, you are not alone.

12. Tim

Tim Guest

Re: Please get help...

My god. How pathetic!

You want to kill yourself over bad credit?

No one had worse credit than me when I was a kid.

So what if you have $60k in bad debt? Let them go to charge off, write them the cease and decease letter, change your number and go on with life.

Maybe get a guarenteed approval secured card and go that route. I actually did that and it worked quite well.

I went from like a 550 score to like 667 and now I have pre-approved platinum card and amex gold offers.

Start with like a Providian, Capital One and etc...

Buy some things and pay it off at the end of month or carry a small balance, so they are making a little something off of you.

But if you just want to drink and kill yourself, DO IT, and DO IT NOW! lol j/k

Hope it works out for you.

13. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Tim,

That was frankly the most idiotic response I've ever seen on a message board.

Anonymous,

MVFL gave great advice. Go see a doctor and begin talking out your feelings. The
    medications are safe and effective as well.

Concerning the student loans,the Dept. of Education will reduce and even FORGIVE
    loans for people who are disabled. Sallie Mae forgave my mom of all her debt when
    she went on disability.

Hang in there. I know that credit problems can leave one feeling worthless, but
    that isn't true. Keep your head up, and go see a doctor. There are many people
    here who have been in your situation and worse and have rebounded over time.

Credit damage IS NOT irreparable.

Marci

14. me

me Well-Known Member

Continuing on Marci's comments,

"Credit damage IS NOT irreparable".. Nor is Credit everything in the world...

15. R1

R1 Guest

That's right... and a life loss is definitely irreversible. So don't give up. Money is something you are not born with so it should not be the reason to die for.

Seek help, continue to live, and don't you want to see your kids graduating/marrying, or other major family events one day? Try to look at the bright side.

Write it down on a piece of paper... a contract to yourself. "I am not sure if I have the will to live, but I will call a doctor / family member before the actual act of killing myself, let them get a chance to say final goodbye or to stop me." And follow it, don't kill yourself without speaking to someone few minutes before your plan. Ok? Promise?

16. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

I am living proof that things will get better, with a little effort from you. You can do it, even if you think you cant. So much can turn around, in a few months even. Swallow your pride, hit the phones and call the student loan people. You have a medical problem, something can and will be worked out. SOme people here are posting harsh responses because we can see how far we have all come, from seemingly desperate situations, in a short time., so it may be hard for some people to understand why you let this get you so down. The worst thing you can do is nothing. You are on your way if you have found this board, there is a wealth of information here, and people who have been, or are now in your shoes. We wont judge you, we have been there. Get angry, get motivated, get yourself the help you deserve, both credit wise and health wise. You will see that it gets better. Believe me, I know. Please let us know how you are doing. If this is a fake plea (and I dont think it is) then someone else will read this, who may be in these shoes and just not posting about it. Trust me, things will get better but you have to make the first move.

Put down that bottle, its only slowing you down my friend. You are as good as anyone else here, and you deserve a fresh start. Get the ball rolling, we will all help you. Post again today and let us know how we can assist.

17. Tim

Tim Guest

Marci,

What was idiotic about it?

Have you any advice for the person to better her credit other than saying that credit damage is not irrepairable? NO

This isn't crisis helpline lady, its credit helpline.