Suing a second CRA - TU

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flyingifr, Aug 26, 2003.

1. ontrack

ontrack Well-Known Member

Although the CRAs are required to retain and provide a record of ALL inquiries to the CONSUMER, note that they are PROHIBITED from displaying some other inquiries (i.e. promotional inquires) to others. There is thus NOT a requirement that they display ALL inquiries to all requestors of a report. Is there ANY requirement that they display ANY inquiries to requestors?

2. sassyinaz

sassyinaz Well-Known Member

No ontrack there isn't.

Sassy

Here's a link to the sections:

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra.htm#609

§ 609. Disclosures to consumers [15 U.S.C. § 1681g]

§ 604. Permissible purposes of consumer reports [15 U.S.C. § 1681b]

3. cinderella

cinderella Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suing a second CRA - TU

Sassy, I was definetely proud and encouraged by Picantel's proceedings, but would have filed regardless of his outcome.

I filed in federal on several various violations because I think this CRA has no respect for the FCRA, and as a matter of policy, they routinely violate it. On the issue of the inq's and the circumstances surrounding it, I thought a federal case would be more appropriate than a small claims because there is chance, albeit small, of a published opinion against the CRA that they should have investigated the CA's inq's and held them accountable for their non-pp's. The CRA's are responsible for protecting our information, complaints of harassment/intentional misuse shouldn't be ignored. There really is no question in my mind this CA harassed me, and the CRA let them.

I don't want to go into detail/specifics in the off-chance they are reading these boards....

4. sassyinaz

sassyinaz Well-Known Member

5. lsmith15

lsmith15 Well-Known Member

they do more then violate the FCRA, there Lawyers tell me that TU does not have to respond to you within 30days of a dispute and they do not have to remove any items that you disputed and they did not respond to in 30 days I ahve a letter from TU's lawyers stating that very thing to me.

6. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

if you have a letter from their lawyers saying that they think they're above the law, isn't that enough to file something in court?