Suing CRAs: help needed!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by metallicat, Jul 24, 2001.

1. metallicat

metallicat Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of suing experian for various violations of the FCRA however have run into one problem: I can't seem to find their registered corporation name within my state! (see below) I called the state attourney generals office and the lady wasn't very helpful, and i've also tried a searchable database at http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/corporations/ and
    the closest match I could find was "EXPERIAN INFORMATION SOLUTIONS, INC however they list a foreign (?) membership with OH (??) as their state of incorporation. I realize most of you PROBABLY aren't in north carolina but anyone with experience in this regard, any help would be most appreciated.

--
    If the defendant is a corporation, you must use its correct corporate name on all court documents, such as the complaint, which is discussed below. Corporations doing business in North Carolina are required to register with the Secretary of State's Office in Raleigh, 919-807-2000. Ask the Secretary of State's Office for the full corporate name and the name and address of the registered agent. If the defendant is a business which is not a corporation, you must name as the defendant the owner or owners. Anyone who does business under a name other than his own name must register his assumed name with the Register of Deeds in each county where he does business.

2. metallicat

Also tried to find a match for Transunion, and came up with Transunion LLC, also with a foreign membership and DE as the state of incorporation. Am I way off base in assuming that TUC should be incorporated in PA where their headquarters are?

*scratches head*

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

"Foreign" in this context, means that they are not "domiciled" in your state. So, say an Ohio Corporation, doing business in NC, would be considered "foreign," and you would have them served at their corporate headquarters in Ohio.

There are folks on here who can double check your address, names, etc used to have them served. Just wait and someone will post it. I don't know, and I know others here have sued them or are suing them also.

breeze

4. dtembe

dtembe Active Member

When I filed my law suit today against Experian, I had the same problem, the lady at the Sec. of State's office in Austin, TX would not give me the reg. agents name for Experian. She kept saying there is no corporation with the name Experian by itself, but she would not give me names of all the corp.'s starting with Experian either.
    So I just went to their web site and filed the suit against their CEO (Craig Smith)
    The way I figure, if they are going to make my life harder then I am going to sue the CEO.
    I had no problems filing once I had reworded the damages statement. For details on that see the Suing Experian -Help post.
    Best Luck,
    Dan

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

In Arizona we have a Corporation Commission which has listings of all corps. doing business in Az. as well as their statutory agent, corp. officers and their addresses. I don't know if your states have a corp. comm., but if so, that is where you should check.

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think I would complain about being treated like that. These folks are public servants whose salaries are paid by your taxes. It is their job to give you that information or refer you to someone who can.

breeze

7. Imhosed

Imhosed Well-Known Member

Breeze,

I am getting ready to sue experian as well. Would you mind sending me a copy of the statement you use in filing your suit. Please you can delete all personal stuff and send me the so I can see how to prepare my document. Please, I am just tired of these CRA's jerking me around. I really need some help. If you are willing send me the stuff, you can email it to me at gad88@yahoo.com. Thanks.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hi hosed,

I am not the one suing them - what you saw under my name was a quote from dtembe, who is suing them.

Post a new thread, or click on his/her name and that will take you to a page where you can email them and ask for thei letter.

Slow down, LOL, or drink some coffee while you do this. ;)

breeze

9. Imhosed

Imhosed Well-Known Member

dtembe,

I have a few questions to ask you regarding your suit with experian, can please email me at gad88@yahoo.com. Thanks.

10. dtembe

dtembe Active Member

Hosed,
    I have sent you the letter I faxed Experian along with how I came up with the $3535.14 amount for the suit.
    Hope this helps.
    Dan

11. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

dtembe - can you send me a copy as well? I am curious as to how you worded it.. thanks.

ender510@yahoo.com

12. Credithelp

Credithelp Well-Known Member

dtembe........can you also email me a copy? My email address is Credithelp71@yahoo.com Thank you! Im going to be sueing Equifax!

13. metallicat

dtembe, me too me too! jmalone@triad.rr.com, thanks

14. metallicat

bump.

15. bkshedevil

bkshedevil Active Member

Hello,

Dtembe I would like a copy of the letter as well or anyone else who has received a copy please plese.

My email is harrya5864@aol.com

Thanks all