Suing Friedmans Jewlers!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Apr 5, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Hi Everyone,

I need some oppinions on filing a suit agaist a company. I have a store charge with Friedman's Jewlers. Credit limit is 500.00

November 2000 made a purchase of 426.56. Contracts says that i have 8 payments of 53.32. i have made every payment with them on time every time, by the 25th of every month.

Ever since i had made that purchase i have been recieving incorrect billing statements in the mail with incorrect amounts owed. statements saying that i was past due, all incorrect.

Called friedman's about it, they said it was a homeoffice error and to disregard statements. I did, 5 of them. I continued to get statements and started to keep them cause i thought that it was odd that i kept getting them. Store manager said that she was going to take care of the problem, never did.

2 days ago, i recieved another drawn up contract in the mail. APPARENTLY, SOMEONE DREW UP ANOTHER CONTRACT, WITH OUT MY PERMISSION, changed my payment amount to 66.62 and signed where my signature was suppose to be "signature on file for customer."

I called the manager, they said that they didnt do it. I called the district manager, she said that she did it....I told her that it was illigal to draw up a contract without my signature changing my payment terms and sending it to me in the mail. She said "dont call my store again" and hung up on me.

MY QUESTIONS ARE:
    CAN I SUE THIS COMPANY IN SMALL CLAIMS?
    WHAT WOULD BE THE REASONING?
    WHO DO I SUE, THE DISTRICT MANAGER OR THE COMPANY (FRIEDMANS)?
    CAN I SUE FOR THE FALSE BILLING STATEMENTS AND NEGLIGENCE TO CORRECT THEM?
    WHAT AMOUNT COULD I SUE FOR?
    CAN THE BANK REFUSE TO EXTEND CREDIT TO ME, OR CLOSE MY ACCOUNT OUT FOR THE SUIT?

ANY INFORMATION WILL BE HELPFUL!

thanks
    psugirl

2. Nah

Nah Guest

After your behavior, I pass on giving any advice.

3. Laughing

Laughing Guest

Paybacks are tough, are they?

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Yep. And please do not express any disagreement w/ original poster; This would make you subject to the "get a life" & "get over it" routines.

Saar

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

LOL:)

6. Truth

Truth Guest

If nothing nice...pass over

Obviously there are some rude and obnoxious posters!.It takes a bigger person to let bygones be bygones and move on!
    As to the question I would SUE!

7. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: If nothing nice...pass ove

And yet even a bigger person not to preach anonymously.

Saar

8. THE TRUTH

THE TRUTH Guest

Oh please, this poster insulted half the posters last weekend. She was rude and totally out of line and now she wants advice, I don't think so. When you treat people like that don't think you can turn around a few days later and receive helpful advice. I am sure the firt repsonse what just to inform them of how they would be received, not favorable I might add.

9. R1

R1 Guest

hmmm...

Insult is not good but does create interesting conversation. LOL

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I dont know the answer to your question exactly. But while I am "searching for a life" maybe I will find the answer to your dilemna.. ....HA! Sorry couldnot resist that one.

On a serious note, Do you have proof besides the convo with the district manager that your account was changed. I assume they have been charging late payments to your account since you have not paying the full balance as per the new contract.

Perhaps you could call back and record the district manager admitting that she changed the contract. Hummm. Otherwise I just think they would deny doing something that is illegal of course.

Good Luck!

roni

11. dandy

dandy Guest

This might help

I have a friend that works for customer service for that store. Give me your account number. Maybe he can clear it ALL up.

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: This might help

Huh?

13. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Im so impressed

Im so glad to see that little old me can get into so many peoples minds, ex: saar, roni....ect... obviously, everytime that i post, you fill the need to reply and not pass on by. Its so clever how people can change there names just to post as if they are someone else to satisfy their own insecurities. Getting a real life job would clear that up quickly!!! --P.S. this was only directed to saar and roni! if anyone else takes it personally, thats your problem.

oh yeah, i will continue to post on this board. Im not on here everyday like maybe you are, saar and roni. You keep kissing my ASS when ever i post.....STOP GIVING ME SO MUCH ATTENTION, IM LOVING IT!

KISSES!

14. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Re: Im so impressed

Maybe you insulted the manager and suggested she "get a life" when she tried to help your situation?? That's why she changed the contract.

Try being nice to people instead of insulting regular, well-liked people on this board - it may just gain you some respect instead of ridicule. No one wants to respond to you because you have proved yourself to be rude and you bag on people who try to help you.

By the way, Roni tried to give you a solution. Why are you always so defensive? I guess PSU doesn't teach you to listen. They sure did show you how to have an attitude. You are only spiting YOURSELF.

15. medic24

medic24 New Member

yes i actual have a constructive comment. first it is illegal to change a contract without your having seen it and signed it. they can not make up a secondary contract and sign it for you, its called forgery, and a few other things. today i got a bill in the mail saying i owe 40 bucks. its all late fees, the original contract is paid off, called the mail office she yelled at me. customer service? they have no idea. the word i got from other financial people is that Friedman's may be out of business as soon as June, no idea how they figure that but it is interesting to note. I recommend NO ONE BUY ANYTHING form this company. AGAIN I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH< DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM FRIEDMAN"S JEWELERS.