Surprise News for Creditneters.....

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Erica, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!!!

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

ALLRIGHHHHHTT!

A toast to the NEWLYWEDS!

Congratulations!

Cypri:)

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!
    Best Wishes!!

<throwing confetti>
    <waltzing across floor>
    <reaching for bouquet>

4. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS. Best wishes for you newlyweds. Have a wonderful life together.

mindy

5. Struggler

Struggler Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I haven't posted in some time now but I've remained a regular lurker. Best of luck to you both!

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

OK...taking a breather from the honeymoon ceremonies to post.......

YES, we met on Creditnet! Can you belive that?

It started very harmlessly....who knows what happened?

Providian can verify we exercised our credit...one look at Ericas hand will show you that! Man...has the price of Cubic Zirconias gone up or what!!??!!?? LOL

Pictures and video are being processed...we will post a link ASAP...we have several things going on at once.

Tomorrow morning (Tuesday), Erica will be returning to NY and I will be returning to GA....(boo!)...She will be moving South after finals mid December. However, she will be flying to 'our' parents in DE for Turkey Day- they can't wait to meet her!!! We will be having our reception there within the next few months ('Our' Golden Retreiver 'Casey', Erica's new step-daughter, is the flower girl).

Another surprise...(no kids yet)...we may be moving..at least temporarily. I (supershawn) have an opportunity in NC (Charlotte) that may be best for us right now and we are seriously considering it. We own a house in Atlanta but may take up a short term residence there....we'll see.....(and seek your expert advice!!)

We met on Creditnet.....as most if you know, Erica was flying to AZ for interviews and I decided to tag along...well, we had spent at least 3 hrs a day on the phone before then, and well, one thing led to another...neither one expected it....BUT, we ended up taking a drive north to the big 'V' and taking the plunge.

We had the whole thing planned out before we left, but we did have to ad-lib some along the way. Everyone treated us great! Needless to say, Erica missed her interview on Saturday morning....we drove up to Vegas to a super comped-upgraded suite at Bally's....once there it was Limo's and red carpet all the way.

The pictures should tell the rest of the story (the G-rated ones you will see, that is...), but everything went perfect!

A funny side note....while we were being fitted for our tux/gown (I will let you guess who wore which one), the limo driver decided to give us a lesson in credit- go figure. Well, he told us how Cap One sucked!......apparantly, they won't give out cards without a $200.00 deposit! However, if you want service, First Premier is the way to go! He has 4 of them and can attest to that! If only we had known before!!!!!!

Anyway...we are typing this as we are packing for early flights tomorrow morning. We promise more details and pics as soon as possible...most likely 2 days max.

Thank you all for your warm wishes!!!! We love you all!!!

Well, I can tell by the hand on my rear that we have some unfinished business to attend to (hubba, hubba).....soooooo, we'll talk to you later!

Erica and Shawn

p.s. (Erica was given away by Elvis)

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NO PG-13 PICTURES?

:)

8. Jeff

Jeff Guest

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I wish you both many happy years together.

9. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Dear Shawn and Erica,
    Thank you so very much for sharing all this with us. May all your dreams come true (and to think you were just trying to find out how to get good credit!<grin>)

I'm curious about one thing, though...

Which CRA or CA or Creditor was responsible for getting the two of you talking and ultimately getting to know one another?

Mist

10. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Congratulation!!!
    Best Wishes!!!

Herman

11. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Best Wishes!!

I am glad that creditnet is a place where the like-minded can hook up, literally. You guys never exposed yourselves publicly on the board, it must have been done with private email, Heh? Anyway, now you guys can enjoy the others credit status...Merged Credit reports!!! Oh Yah!!

12. staces5

staces5 Well-Known Member

What an awesome story!! You two surprsied me!! I wish you much love and happiness together!!!

13. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Congrats... to both of you!!! ;-)

14. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

And who would have thought that you could find a spouse on a message board? CONGRATS & GOD BLESS!!

15. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS and best wishes to both of you!

Shawn, how could you ever consider leaving Atlanta? Oh wait, now I remember...
    I-85 in the morning, evening, and all hours in between!! :)

16. Beaker

Beaker Well-Known Member

WTG you two! Congratulations and the best of luck (and credit) to you both! :eek:)

17. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

What a great surprise! Congratualtions and God Bless you both, as well as any little Ericas and Super shawns that may come along in the future - Oh and Erica's new step-daughter as well.

Hope you have a long and happy life together!