Surprising fact about Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Recently many of us were puzzled at the elapse in time between our first credit report update and subsequent ones. For me, so far, it's been 3 and a half weeks since I got the first round back. Because Junum was/is disputing at the rate of 4 items every 2 weeks I had assumed that since I'd signed up in Mid-May, they'd already sent out 4 or 5 disputes by the time I'd received my first updated reports.

Nope! The clarification I received yesterday via email is thus:

"On xxx xx, 2001, your tri-merge report arrived and disputes were sent out on the same day. Because of the wide variations in tri-merge reports, [MIND YOU, THIS IS THE TRI-MERGE JUNUM HAWKS FROM THEIR OWN SITE, SO WHY ARE THEY UNFAMILIAR WITH SCANNING IT???] Junum's scanning software cannot depict the specifics of the report. Because of this, the next round of disputes were not mailed until your credit reports arrived on July xx, 2001. Your second round of disputes was on July XX, 2001 [TWO MONTHS LATER!] and your third round is pending on XXX XX, 2001.

At this point, all your negative will be in dispute and once your updates are received, your account will be updates so that more dispute can begin."

Mind you, nowhere in the agreement, sign-up forms, etc. on Junum's site did it explain this. Had I known, I'd have taken the extra couple of days or so to get the individual mailed CRA reports to send to Junum (it would also have been cheaper than the tri-merge I had FedExed to me. then FedExed it on to Junum so Junum could get start right away. Total cost $65.)

This means if you use a tri-merge report as your initial starting point with Junum (I used the one they hawked ont heir website, which I'm sure they get some sort of renumeration for the referral), you automatically put your repair processing behind by 45 to 60 days.

If I'd known and had mailed them individual reports, I'd be on my FIFTH round right now, instead of my 1st.

Right now, I'm very displeased with Junum for that oversight that cost me valuable time and money.

MORAL: Don't send them tri-merge reports, even though they refer them from their own site.

2. bfllover

bfllover Well-Known Member

I signed up with junum 4 weeks ago-paid for the trimerged reports linked from their site-priority mailed them.Then although they had on their site that they received the reports July 16--I was unable to view my reports online so I called Junum.They also told me that they would not have my reports online till they received my first set of separate cra reports and mailed them.Well-is there any Junum subscribers who sent individual reports instead of trimerged initially and were you able to view your reports immediatelly??

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

bump.

I'd like to hear other's experiences as well.

Thanks

4. bfllover

bfllover Well-Known Member

For those who will want to know my junum results I will post soon as i become aware.,they (Junum )received my trimerged reports July 16.(should have mailed sep reports)I currently have a 722 score on experian with 4 derogatories with approx $6000 in credit card debts which I am trying to pay off as quickly as I can. My derog are several 30 and 1 60day lates from 4 and a half years ago when I was having a mental health crisis due to some money problems.I also signed up husband with junum who has a tax lien on his report from Ca related to business-the lien did not show up on mine.Also 1 collection on his related to a hospital bill(I whited this one out since I want to work on it myself first)I wish I would have also whited out all positives and will do so on following reports sent to junum.Husbands score is in mid 600s because of the 1 collection and tax lien(paid).But I def will bow out of Junum if I get any negative results such as posted here on the forum.So,I do not have alot of negs--but enough to get me denied on am express etc.---So may the force be with all of us(new Junum members) and hopefully they have their act together now!!!!!

5. recka

recka Active Member

I'm thinking about signing up with Junum soon (I am still waiting for my TU to come in), and I notice a few people mentioning the white out on the positives. Is this just a way to be sure that the positives don't get lumped in with the negs and get disputed?

6. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Ype, that's exactly what it's for. If Junum (or Lexington, or whomever) can't SEE your positive tradelines, they can't DISPUTE them.

Smae goes for accounts you don't want them dinkering with -- for whatever reasons -- whether positive or negative.

7. bailey

bailey Well-Known Member

Yes white them out, after recent events of having good tradelines deleted, white out is a must.

I must admit it is pretty sad that these credit repair companies can't tell the difference between a positive account and a negative account, makes you wonder who is disputing these items??

8. Darrell

Darrell Member

I have heard that Junam or Lexington also pull customers reports online. Is that true? If they do, how do you protect the good tradelines in that case? Can you request that they only work with reports customer sends in?