Survey: Citibank BT deals

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Sep 15, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Please post your Citibank balance transfer (BT) terms:

A. Card type.
    B. APR & duration.
    C. How you got it.

Here's mine:

A. Platinum Select.
    B. 6.9% for 6 months.
    C. Retention.

Thanks,
    Saar

2. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

Also include if you had to pay fees or not, because most customers recieved a mailer saying 3% fee from now on.

I recently got Dividend Plat Select, 0% for 9 months, but with a 3% BT Fee. I receieved this offer upon applying for it.

My2kgt

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

a)aadvantage silver upgraded to platinum select.

b)6.9 apr for 6 months going to rate prime plus 2.99
    no bt fees.

c) just called the number on the back of the card and ask them to put in a balance transfer request for me.

as for the goto rate I tried to speak to retention to no avail. Then I wrote a letter via PFB, someone contacted me within a week and knocked my rate down.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

My2kGT: Good point! Mine (see first post) had no transaction fee.

Leo: What did Retention tell you when they refused to lower it? That is the first I hear they are capable of refusing :) The rep was probably not in a mood. We should both call them back in a couple of months, to get the purchase APR lowered to P+0.9% (sam's already got it).

Saar

5. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Platinum Select - 6mo. @ 6.9%, no fee

Dividend Platinum - 6mo @ 2.2% w/fee

Both offers came with the cards

-Om

6. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

7. Saar

Saar Banned

Citi Choice 7.9% - is that a BT rate?

I've never heard about this card, but it does sound good.

Is there a web site that explains more about it?

Saar

8. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I don't really know. I have had this card for a long time. They may not even offer it anymore. If they are not on their website, they probably don't.

www.creditsense.com

9. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

Platinum Select and Universal Platinum, both at 0% for 9 months, no BT fee. Go tos are around 13-14% on both, but I'm not using them for purchases, just BTs.

10. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Citi AAdvantage Platinum

BT rate 6.9% for 9 months, No fees.

Got it by asking regular Customer Service for it.

11. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I never got the chance to speak to retention. The CSR I spoke to told me that it did not exist. I did not want to pursue it any further, I am still suprised they approved me for the card.

12. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Platinum select 10K line prime+0.9% 2.9% for 6 months w/fee (not used)

dividend select 5K Line 14.9%(variable?) 6.9% for 6 months w/o fee.

13. molly

molly Well-Known Member

4.9% for the life of the balance transfer. I got it in the mail from Citibank. They sent checks, which I deposited into my bank account and then mailed my own individual checks to each (2) company I transfered a balance with.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

0.9% + PRIME is like the AMEX BLUE 9.99%..."SORRY IT DOES NOT EXIST"...BUT IT DOES!!!

15. cherie

cherie Well-Known Member

Molly,

How long did you have the cit bank card before the 4.9 offer. I could use that in a few months when some other BT's I have will expire.

Cherie

16. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

Plat Select.
    2.9 for 9mo Goto rate 20%.

17. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

the goto rate seems a little high, try calling them to reduce that rate. Or right a nice letter via PFB to citibank.

18. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

Thanks I was going to do that after my initial 6mos of having the card is up.

19. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I was approved for the AA card in Oct. 2000 and once I received the card I immediately called and had it upgraded to Plat. Select. I received the checks for a balance transfer in July of this year.

20. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

You should have no problem getting a lower rate by then, My experience with Citibank has really been A++++++++++.