Switching lanes midstream...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by knbunited, Aug 26, 2003.

1. knbunited

knbunited Active Member

Has anyone ever sent the ITS letter out, and then before actually suing, tried disputing w/the CRA one last time, and actually was successful?

I am going to sue at the end of the month..but was just wondering if I should try disputing one more time before going that route?

2. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

Who is it that you're going to sue and why? In general, though, I don't think that disputing once more would hurt your case at all, but I would be a bit surprised if you got a different result than you had when you disputed previously.

HTH,
    Brett

3. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

IMHO, if you have sent the ITS that is their last chance to do the right thing.

4. olivse

olivse Well-Known Member

I have used versions of the ITS letter here and then disputed say a week later and *poof* the trade line disappears. The point is that you don't have to give them a million chances. Nothing gets a persons attention like litigation. Good Luck.

5. knbunited

knbunited Active Member

I'm going to sue a utility company, that pulled a nonpp hard on my account months after it was closed,...(I disputed the balance, they pulled a hard, & the acct was closed= nonpp).

I was just wondering if I do dispute again, same results again, would they use this as leverage in some shape, or form against me in court....when and if I sue them?

6. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Did you owe them?

7. knbunited

knbunited Active Member

Nope...paid acct.

8. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

I say throw up lots of dirt. While they are deciding what to do about your letter, the dispute may slip through. Alternately, they may be very aware of the dispute and decide that the easiest way to get rid of you would be to let the dispute slide by. Since you owe them no money, you have only one thing they want: the ability to quit making a pest of yourself.

About the worst thing that could happen is nothing.