Synthesizing the Board

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FeliceRodo, Jul 14, 2001.

1. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

Would there be a method to take all valuable topics and advice here on the board and put it into a detailed lexicon where one could look up quickly any topic and the required advice and pertinent information?

Would think the search method is a beginning but that can be very time consuming. Just a thought, maybe someone has a good idea to improve the functionality and purpose for credit topics and information.

2. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

I was kind of wondering the same thing. It would be nice if there were some way to have "basic" info available for newbies.
    Terri

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

There are pretty detailed Credit Card FAQs and Credit Repair FAQs in the Library section on this site.

Other than that there is really no better way to get the flavor of any message board or Usenet group or any other type of community than to read as many old posts as you can. When I found this board in March it was sometime in the afternoon. I stayed up until about 5 the next morning reading every single thread on the board (it was hell going to work that day).

Even threads that are completely off-topic give you insight into the personalities represented in the community. FAQs are a good resource if you have a few quick questions, but there is no substitute for reading if you want to participate in the community.

4. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

I have read for many, many hours. But there is basic information that could be easier to find. For instance, I just found out how mwmbers can email each other!

I read all the things you mentioned while I was still "lurking." Didn't want you to think I had gone straight to the message board.

I have done several searches, and it is difficult to find what I am looking for when I have to read a huge number of posts, and none of them may contain what I need.

Oh well. Just the way it goes!!