Taget Card Approval!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kevinw01, Sep 18, 2001.

1. kevinw01

kevinw01 Well-Known Member

Hello There,

Just apply for the Target Card got an approval for $700 am I going to receive the new visa card as well or are they just doing it for old cardmembers?

Please advice....

Thanks

Kev

2. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Kevinw01-

Congratulations.

If you don't mind, what report did they pull and what was your score at the time of approval? I am interested in obtaining a Target card, too, and my ability to do so depends on which report they pull.

Let me know. Thanks!

-chriscraft

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

No, it is for a selected few. I just called and they told me the newer accounts must apply for the visa.

4. SofaKing

SofaKing Well-Known Member

Hey chriscraft-

My wife got her's last month. The pulled Experian only. It was her first "store" card. Limit $200. Her score was about 640 at the time.

Approved instantly, and it was in the box about 5 days later!

SK

5. chriscraft

SofaKing:

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling it would be Experian. Everyone seems to pull Experian for applicants from California.

Experian is my worst report (I have a score of 594), and I have been having a helluva time with them. The other two reports are relatively clean and orderly. I am not sure if 594 is enough to get Target, and I am not sure if I want to waste the inquiry. I don't need the card that bad. I have managed to get myself down to less than 4 total inquiries on Experian, with two of those in the past six months. Any thoughts about whether my score is high enough to get this card???

It occurs to me right now, and I don't know if this idea has already been floated around, but on that millcbs.com site, maybe they could add a section which shows, by creditor, the credit scores which will suffice to get a card. That sure would be a nice to have somewhere, don't you think?

6. kevinw01

Hello There,

They pull experian on me I am in CA my score was 702 when I apply.... if you apply good luck chriscraft....Is too bad that I apply and not going to get the visa conversion oh well Thank You for the info.

Thanks,

Kev

7. chriscraft

Kev, thanks for the info. I think I'll hold off until my Experian score hits the 600's -- which I hope occurs sometime before the next millenium...!!!

Take care.

-chriscraft

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I live in CA (Bay Area) and they pulled Equifax. My score was 607 at the time and I got $200 instant.

9. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

Same Here. Applied a month ago, They pulled equifax. I'm also in the bay area, CA. Fico was 697, approved for 300 CL.

Sure hope I get switched over to visa, but probably I'm too recent. There seems to be conflicting reports about which customers will get it...

10. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

I was declined and they pulled Equifax. Too many of this and that! I am SOOO SAD!!

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Somebody (just recently) said EVERYBODY will get a VISA...it would be too much hassle to EXCLUDE a few accounts...

12. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I don't buy that. Here's my theory: I think when they do account reviews (I noticed the placed a soft inquiry on Experian in July) they make notice of your score (they can do this, right?). Then they probably based criteria according to that. So for instance if your score is 600-620, you'll get a Visa w/ a $1k limit (or whatever). And so on...and if your score is below xxx then you won't get one.

I've talked to 5 reps today and all of them said that only certain people would get it and they had NO WAY of knowing if I was one or not. They offered to transfer me to the Visa people and THEY couldn't even tell me if I was scheduled to get one or not. Yes I would like to have one to help ratios but never would use the visa outside of Target. Could you imagine going to Bennihanna's and giving the waiter a Target Visa to pay for your meal? HA! :))
    <I'm sure no one will find that funny>

I just find it hard to believe that they would issue a visa card to EVERYONE. Hopefully I'm wrong.

13. kevinw01

Hello There,

I am sorry if I gave out the wrong info about which credit bureau they use I won't know for sure until I get my update from Privista or Creditexpert but I will post on which credit bureau they pull probably equifax since alot of you are in CA....

Thanks,

Kev