Talked to attorney about SOL

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by penguin, May 16, 2001.

  1. penguin

    penguin Well-Known Member

    FYI--I spoke with a credit law attorney to ask her about which SOL applies for me: the one in MI, where I used to live and where my delinquent accts. originated, or the one in CA where I now live (4 yrs., in the clear). She said that the SOL in CA would apply, so that's very good news for me!

    Please keep in mind each state may differ, but as for CA, sounds like the law is on my side! Thought this info might be helpful to some of you.
  2. DaveLV

    DaveLV Well-Known Member

    How did you go about finding a credit law attorney?
  3. roni

    roni Well-Known Member

    I see them listed in the yellow pages. Call the state bar association for a referral as well.
  4. deniserich

    deniserich Banned

    Go to (National Association of Consumer Advocates) and do search for experts in the area of FCRA or FDCPA, etc. Since they are Federal Laws, you can utilize an attorney anywhere in the country. Additionally, if you have good cause, they will take your case on a contingency basis andthey will obtain tan attorney from your area to assist them in filing, etc. That way you only pay if you win your case.
  5. deniserich

    deniserich Banned

Share This Page