Target APP ID

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Has anyone received the APP ID and then later be declined for either the VISA or the guest card??

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Mom,

I got an APP ID, but I also called guest services as well as target card services and each told me the same thing. Guest cards in good standing would be automatically rolled over to Visas. Now I know this contradicts some of the postings, but I went into a store yesterday to "re-apply" and was told that they didn't have the apps for the visas, but if I was approved for the guest card that a visa would be mailed out. I wish they would get their stories straight. I want my TARGET VISA!!! :)

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i was denied :(

4. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

I was informed last week at Target that each guest card was being evaluated and approved (or not) on an individual basis for the Visa. If you were approved, you'd get it in the mail automatically. I haven't, 6mos on time payments, zero balance. Don't know what else they want...

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

What happend Sam? You applied and got an application ID and then checked the status and found out that you were denied? Or did you call and give them the app ID????

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Yup called them up. Denied you will receive a letter in the mail. Screw them. 640 score with 1 paid collection from 96 isn't good enough. I guess i'll stick with my optima platinum and Citibank for business huh?

(i closed my guest card two months ago, that didn't help much either).

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Bummer! I thought that getting an app ID was a GOOD SIGN that you will probably get a card. Guess not.

8. monicagee

monicagee Well-Known Member

Applied for the Target Visa last night. Received the APP ID and further processing message. Did not receive instant approval at that time. Called today and spoke with Guest Services. Approved for Target Visa pulled Equifax, $500 limit 18.9 APR :-(
    Not sure how that happened, just approved for Citi AA $10k last week. O well!

9. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

I was declined as well. I just paid off the card which makes no sense. I don't know what bureau they pulled:( This sucks!

10. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

I just applied Target Visa minutes ago and was approved instantly.The APR is a bit high:18.9%,I was surprising to know they give me $10,000 credit line.I thought the store credit card doesn't give high credit line.I was approved Eddie Bauer Master card in April and got $1,000 credit line.

11. bailey

bailey Well-Known Member

Your credit limit was probably based on more of your income, this is a visa card. 18.9 is pretty high, I saw they offered 9.9, 12.9, 15.9 and 18.9.

Do you have any idea what your scores are??

Congrats the line will help your ratios quite a bit.

12. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

Hi Bailey,my Experian score was 716 two weeks ago,Equifax score was 700.I don't know which CRA they used.

13. bailey

bailey Well-Known Member

Thank you:)

they must use an internal scoring system as well. I have seen othes get high limits which I believe is b/c of income but get the highest rate 18.9 and have score in the high 600's.