Target Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by A.M., Jul 10, 2000.

1. A.M.

A.M. Guest

Does Target report to the credit bureaus?

I've had the card almost two billing cycles, and I don't believe that they've reported to any of the CRA's yet.

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

yup- they do as retailers natl bank - target
    & mervyns

A.M. wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Does Target report to the credit bureaus?

I've had the card almost two billing cycles, and I don't believe that they've reported to any of the CRA's yet.

3. spyguyjim

spyguyjim Guest

The CRA's are 2-4 months behind in most cases with what is actually true at any one moment.

Wait another two months and it should show up. I've had an account with Retailers National Bank for many years and it shows on all three of my reports.

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Spy- call the 8007677574# and dial in your acct number and hit the credit increase option.
    you get an automatic $100.
    Did it on my Target anfg MERVYNS

5. C

C Guest

How can you get an automatic increase just by hitting a few buttons on a phone?

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

It directs you to a credit request option.
    you push that you would like more credit and it comes back with more.

It was only $100 on each card though.

7. C

C Guest

Um sorry to say but that number you gave all of us is for United Mileage Plus cards, where you can request a new one and so forth.
    Are you sure you got it right?

8. A.M.

A.M. Guest

The number on the back of my Target card is 1-800-659-2396. As of 7/11 8:30 PM central time, the system is temporarily unavailable.

9. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Line Increases

When a bank grants you an automatic increase just for asking, it's based on their internal records of their experience with you.

I asked Capital One for an increase two months after I got their card. I hit a menu option and then got a human (sort of) intermediary who was obviously using a computer. I got turned down on the phone, and then got a rejection letter that didn't mention a credit report, only my "previous overlimit status." This is an example of consulting internal records, and most banks offering cards with low limits probably use the same procedure.

10. spyguyjim

spyguyjim Guest

I have $400 limit on Mervyns card, that's plenty for me. I can't fit into most of their clothing anymore anyway! haha. You can only buy so many pairs of socks and underwear to rebulit your credit, you know?

Take care and thanks for the tip!

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I guess you have to be a corporate high end user to qualify for the Mervyns DELUXE CARD!
    You know- maybe have an orphanage- you'd need to buy clothes at least once a yr