target card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lisa, Sep 12, 2000.

1. lisa

lisa Guest

I just applied for a target card online and was approved instantly (with a huge $200 limit-oh well at least it is something). I am in the process of repairing my credit and I have just a few cards. I was wondering if anyone knows the minimum credit score required to get a target card and what bureau they used. I am just curious. I have heard that they are easy to obtain so that is why I applied. Also, do they increase credit line every so often? Thanks.

2. Barbara

Barbara Guest

I'm not sure who they use or the score, but I received one online in June with $200.00 credit limit, and I have bad credit. I made 3 payments larger then the minimum due ontime, and after only 3 payments they raised my credit limit to $500.00. I was pleasantly suprised.

3. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

It is more common than not, to get a $200 starting limit. This is true both online and with in-store instant credit.

They are issued through Retailers National Bank in Minneapolis.

Good Luck,

BarryN

4. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

Forgot to add: they use Experian.

5. janet

janet Guest

I got a target card in May of 1999, never paid late and never went over the limit. I still have a $200 limit. Although, I never asked for an increase.

6. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

I just got approved with a $200 limit. I was declined only a few months ago. I guess 6 months does make a big difference. Thanks for the tip. I LOVE this board!