Target cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CAmove, Oct 17, 2001.

1. CAmove

CAmove Active Member

Ok, I must live in a strange land...What is a Target card exactly? I know Target is a retail store (home appliances?), but I hear poeple saying they got a Target visa and this is what confuses me... Apparently, I live in a Target-free area.

2. rosered05

rosered05 New Member

Target is a retail store similiar to Kmart, Walmart. etc.. They have a store credit card and now they are offering their own Visa cards. Hope this helps.

3. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

I didn't know what Target was until I moves to Atlanta....I had never heard of them.

Now I am addicted! They are great! Super prices and really good quality stuff. (and they don't smell like a high school cafeteria like Wal-Mart does....)

The Target card is probably the easiest to get retail card. It is reffered to as the target 'Guest Card' on their website. They give you 10% off in-store and 10% off on-line when you are approved.

www.target.com

Shawn

4. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

I finally bit the bullet and applied for this card-it looks like they pulled experian, my worst report. I am sure I got a big fat denial coming (545-this has a sold/transferred account reporting as 30days late).

:(

5. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Don't give up yet, keltex, you never know.

I hate that darn "you will be notified...." message. I think I would feel better if a little hand came out of the monitor and smacked me across the face. Just to get it over with, you know?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.....

Shawn

6. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Thanks Shawn....

I pulled my Credit Expert and yes, they did pull EXP (Curses! Foiled again!) Oh, well, I am heading over to Millscbs to log it in...hope everyone else is using this too (there was only 2 items for texas and target. Come on folks! Lets use this database!)...

TU is looking good for me, I am at a plateau w/EQ, but at least I am above 600...will just keep disputing for now.