Target-Credit Line Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Aug 28, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, I got the piddly $200 in early July. When do they increase credit lines and has anybody gotten an increase after receiving the card? Anybody tried a PlanetFeedback on them?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

4 or 5 months you must wait grasshoppa-son...

Planet feedback - no dice.
    Threaten to close - no dice (i closed it).

not worth the effort.

Hay, if you close your account, all you have to do is show your d/l in the store to reopen it immediately, if thats any consolation.

3. Zaphod

Zaphod Well-Known Member

My wife and I had the same pathetic limit and it took us 6 months to get an increase and the increase was only $250. Then we called back in 30 days after that and were able to get a $500 increase....Hmmmm maybe I'll try again next month.......

---> Zaphod

4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I got my $300 card online in May, Nana. In July I did an increase request (via Phone I think, but I can't recall for sure).

Got a letter in the mail saying, "ya gots to wait 6 months, by-golly!"

ACCOUNT TOO NEW

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info everyone! I just got a great wall clock today. I have to admit, I love the darn card!

6. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I talked to a rep today because having a $200 CL on Target is what stopped me from getting American Eagle instant credit (their reps claim)

The rep told me that while they automatically review accounts every month for an increase, that it almost always takes at least six months for an increase and it's usually $100 max.

Then every six months another $100 max.

It sucks but I guess the price of having lousy credit for me is getting lousy department store limits, which in turn prevent me from getting other lousy limit cards.

Sigh. Oh well. I'm glad to at least have the Target and the Sterling. Crossing my fingers that the dispute results that come in any day (EQ won't tell me sh... over the phone, nor will EX or TU) will be something good, so I can plead my case with everyone who has rejected me in the past 60 days.

Steph

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great info, Steph!

8. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad, Nana. You'll probably be at a higher limit before I ever am. Got the card in 1999 with a $400 limit. Still at $400 today. No lates. No overlimits. I don't dare ask for an increase now. It was one of my zero balance cards that made it through the BK. The card is still in good standing today. I have a $150 balance on it today. Just glad to have it. It comes in handy.

You're in a better position than I am so I am sure you'll be over $500 in no time!

9. jtw

jtw Well-Known Member

I started out with a $200 limit. On the 5th billing statement they raised me to $500 which was a $300 increase. After they raised it I had to wait 90 days or 3 billing cycles. I tried shortly before the the billing cycle closed and i was denied. After the cycle closed I punched in on the automated system for an increase and it gave me $100. Now I have a $600 cl. I guess the bumps are $100 every 90 days. I am hoping I will be offered a target smart visa card when they roll them out in the next couple of months.

10. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Does the automated system result in an inquiry? If so is it a hard or soft (ARM) inquiry?

11. BostonJeff

BostonJeff Well-Known Member

Opened in May with a $200.00 credit line. I charged it to the max and paid it off in three months. After the third payment my line went to $500.00.