Target - Got the card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Apr 2, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

This morning, I applied for credit at a local Target store in California. I hesitated for 2 months about this because I had been informed that Target appeared to be one of the stores that automatically denies credit to BK customers.

I got a card immediately with a $500 limit. Here are the details:

On the counter there is an "express application" that asks if you have other credit. I showed the rep a visa card and she did not even write down the number. She just checked visa and put my application in the computer. No questions were about income, assets etc. I sweated it out for 2 minutes and up came my card. That was it.

Now sticking to facts, I don't know which CRA was looked at but since this is California, it was probably Experian. If it was Experian, I need to mention that EX never picked up the BK in the public record. However there are 3 Bk related credit card acounts on the report and I was extended $5,000 in new credit with Providian and Nordstrom since January. I have had no credit problems since 1998 and my credit has been substantially rebuilt.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I forgot to add...

The rep asked to see my drivers license and wrote it down on the app. this eliminated the false representation issue we have on the internet.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JIM are you at UC IRVINE?

I miss WHITTIER...I will be flying in this summer for a graduation.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: JIM are you at UC IRVINE?

Yes. School is rising in prestige. I have never been to whittier but of course i know where it is. Enjoy the graduation.

5. Austin

Austin Guest

Re: JIM are you at UC IRVINE?

Zot!
    UCI-EE '89