Target Guest Card Application

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LisaMc, Aug 1, 2002.

1. LisaMc

LisaMc Well-Known Member

The wait is over..........

TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me introduce myself and my husband.....

WE ARE THE NEWEST CARDHOLDERS TO THE RNB / TARGET FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We both were approved for the RNB Visa!!!

I had a score on EQF of 685. My husband had a 652. Our EXP scores were 644 for me and 609 for my husband. I don't know yet who they pulled.

I got a $1,000 CL @ 18.9%. He got $750 @ 18.9%.

I am just on cloud nine! This is the first thing I have even considered applying for in close to 3 years!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

LisaMc

2. kbanger

kbanger Well-Known Member

Marie, take a look at my post on Freddie Mil's question on Inquires.

Also if my score is in the 600s and I still have some outstanding derogs, you think it will be a problem? They will most likely be student loans as I have made it my mission to correct and remove all collections ASAP. Can I call them (Target) or do the online

Thanks

3. wajaba

wajaba Well-Known Member

Congrats, LisaMC! Aren't you glad we beat you over the head to just apply? :)

wajaba

4. kbanger

Lisa May Charge at Target. Congratulations. One question when you applied was there any derog on your reports?

5. jambe

jambe Well-Known Member

Kbanger, I had dreogs liting from students loans, including a 120 day late less than two years ago. They wouldn't give me a VISA, but I got a guest card with $200 limit. This is the first actual card I have been able to get, so even with the low limit it's still cool :eek:)

6. kbanger

Jambe, thanks for the info. I talk to someone on the board who said that they have seen student loans rehab in as little as 4 months especially ones from the US ED. I am waiting for Aug. 10 as my report will hopefully be updated. I call TU, EX, and EQ almost daily to see if they have heard from any one. Some were verified on one and deleted on the other. Cannot wait to see what happens on 8/10. I have to tell you my experian score jumped 50 points when Macy's changed their report from neg to pos. I pray that some of these collections will give me a move of 100 pts altogether for this month.

ALL I want is to be in the 600 club by September and hopefully be able to apply for something by October.

7. LisaMc

LisaMc Well-Known Member

Proof Positive - This Process Works

Do I look different to all of you? You know I am a Visa cardholder again! Ha! Ha! I just can't believe it! As of this morning, my husband and I each were approved for a RNB Target Visa with a cl of $1K for me and $750 for him at 18.9%.

This is the first time in almost 3 years we have ever applied for anything. Because of encouragement to give it a shot, I tried, and we were approved!!!!

To all of the newbies out there:

This is the payoff for all of the crap that I have dealt with in the last year. August 31, 2002 will mark the one year anniversary of my credit repair journey. On 8/31 of last year, a mortgage broker pulled our credit and said "No one, anywhere, will finance you with these scores. In fact, your scores are among the lowest I have seen. Go buy a book, get online, but do something to help yourself!" I was in shock. Our scores were in the low 400's across the board (in fact my husband had one score of 380 I think). One year later we are hovering in the mid to high 600's!!!! If that doesn't prove that the stuff we hear about on this website over and over and over again works, I don't know how else to convince someone.

If it weren't for the folks on this board and the ability to ask questions, read about other's experiences, share in all of your knowledge, I would still be sitting at 400 thinking I had no options.

Thanks Everyone!!!!!

LisaMc

8. LisaMc

LisaMc Well-Known Member

Kbanger, you bet there were derogs on my report!

We both had a NON DISHCHARGED Ch 13 which is not quite 2 years old yet. In addition we each have numerous accounts that are reporting as "included in bk." We have no judgements/liens/etc. We also had no other inquiries.

Like I said before, I dont' know for sure yet who they pulled. I do know our scores were:

EQF:
    me 685
    Him 641

EXP:
    me 644
    him 609

TU:
    me 649
    him 642

**I think these are right as of today.

It is worth the inquiry to find out for sure. Give it a shot!

9. kbanger

Lisa to you and your Husband, I say Congratulations and thank you, because you inspire people like me to do this. I have default student loans, 2 unpaid judgements and plenty of collections. All I have to say to them is Creditnet.com is my weapon. what is yours

10. LisaMc

LisaMc Well-Known Member

Oh thank you, kbanger! It really is crazy I know, but this is just the best feeling. When you have been drug through the mud with this stuff, it is the small victories that keep you going!

Creditnet has helped me so much! There are lots and lots of people on here that have really helped me sort through some difficult situations--Marie, Whyspers, SassyinAz, Psychdoc, KHM, TMitchell, Lizardking, Nave, Saar, Wajaba, LKH, CLC18940, Quixote, Butch, Christine at Bayhouse the list goes on and one and I didn't mean to leave anyone out! The thread that CLC is piloting on BK reform is just phenomenal. It is that kind of information that is absolutely invaluable.

When I see something on this board that pertains to my situation, I print it and put it in my file. I refer back to this stuff often. I printed out Lizardking's thread about his first lawsuit strategy. That is a great reference tool for you. Marie posted a thread that I used extensively. It was "OLD TU SYSTEM MAKES FCRA VIOLATIONS." It handed me so much ammunition against TU. It was like a gift. Sassy gave me some great reference material on a thread about my struggle with my mortgage (chase). I was at my wits end with the situation, explained it on this board, and Sassy goes out to the web & does a ton of research for me! Another gift! Psychdoc's Trick was a lifesaver! Too bad EXP thought the same thing and fixed their system! I could give you literally 100's of those kinds of examples. These are just some of the ones that come to mind right away.

You can always count on a little encouragement from these folks. Sometimes that is what you need most.

11. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Congrats! I'm glad you decided to "just do it". You never know until you try. And because Targets approval is based heavily on score, I knew you'd get at least the guest card. Congrats again.

12. jambe

jambe Well-Known Member

That's WONDERFUL LisaMC!

I know I felt super great even when I got the guest card. I had NEVER been approved for a credit card before, without needing a cosigner.

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I'll bump that post...it was my little project!

14. genmorr

genmorr Well-Known Member

I got it! I got it! I got it!!!! :)

Spurred on by the posts here I decided to bite the inquiry and go for it. I did the online app and I was approved! My EQ score was 630 before yesterday when my last derog on EQ was deleted (only left with BK7 till 5/04). I am not sure what my score was after this deletion since I was unable to access Score Power yesterday.

I was only given a $500 limit 18.9% but before activating, I know what to do. ;)

Thanks!

15. webber

webber Member

I was approved instantly for guest guard with Fico of 611. BK 7 discharged 7/00. My wife had a guest card that she included in the BK, so when my card arrived, I called and made her an AU. Her card was here in a week. 200.00 limit.

16. charlieslex

charlieslex Well-Known Member

I think that Marie or marci have a trick to get a little CL increase and/or APR reduction. Charlie

17. LisaMc

LisaMc Well-Known Member

Okay, Marie/Marci, what is the trick for getting a CL increase on the Target Visa or Guest Card?

18. charlieslex

charlieslex Well-Known Member

Check past threads, about a month ago, and you can get an APR reduction and maybe a CL increase. Charlie