target guest card -easy to get?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by holis, Sep 17, 2003.

1. gloryroom

gloryroom Active Member

Target and new address

So should I just write to them that I moved. They didn not include a phone number in the letter. Just an address. I'm not very good at writing business letters that was why I asked.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Target and new address

NEW ADDRESS
    CITY
    STATE
    ZIP

OLD ADDRESS
    CITY
    STATE
    ZIP

INCLUDE
    A PHOTO COPY OR TWO OF MAIL YOU GOT AT YOUR NEW ADDRESS FROM UTILITIES OR CREDIT CARD COMPANIES OR SOMETHING...(NOT JUNK MAIL)

COPY OF DRIVERS LICENSE IS ALSO HELPFUL

3. gloryroom

gloryroom Active Member

Re: Target and new address

Thanks George, I had a nice little letter all typed out that probably would have meant nothing to them after seeing what you sent. Haven't changed my DL yet, moved less than a month ago and have had NO time, but will send them copies of utilities, that should help. That COX Communications will finally come in handy for something since its the only utility in my name and not my husbands. I would have been able to check back in 48 hours online about the Target app if I hadn't done it on Friday and was on my FOURTH appt. with Cox to come fix the outlet for my cable modem on that Saturday (that turned into a 5th by the way, hopefully Planetfeedback will be good for something.)

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Target and new address

I DIN'T SEND ANYTHING...I GOT TARGET VISA 30-60 SECONDS ON-LINE (2 YEARS AGO THIS DECEMBER 24th)

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Re: Target and New Address

I've got to wonder at this point how many terrorists have used their $200 Target Guest Cards to send money to fellow terrorists overseas.

6. jrjr37

jrjr37 Well-Known Member

I don't mind the extra security measures, but sometimes it seems they implement them on the wrong people.

7. gloryroom

gloryroom Active Member

I called the 800 number on their site to ask about the letter I received and see what they would say: They put me on hold awhile then told me to send them the following:

*copy of my DL with new address (haven't had that done yet, in fact, just got a ticket out of state in Aug that I haven't paid and not sure if I want to show up at my DMV and get arrested for a ticket not paid just to change my address
    *copy of my SS card
    * copy of one of the following: utility bill with my name and new address, bank statement with my name and new address (yeah, right) paycheck stub with my name and new address (yeah, right again)
    *copy of the letter they sent me.

Just trying to decide if a $200 Target card is worth all this. Maybe I should just try to get another card and use my old address, I do have forwarding from the old one. Wait a few months then change my address. We just bought a house (YEA, I can't believe it) and with that on my credit and my positive Cap1 I was thinking I might be able to get a card or two. Any suggestions?

8. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Don't use the old address, usually cards are sent "DO NOT FORWARD, RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED"

In other words, if it goes to your old post office, they see the forward order, it goes right back to the company.

9. gloryroom

gloryroom Active Member

Thanks, looks like I got to report my new address to the bureaus huh?

Does anyone know how long it takes for Visa to get your new address for checkcards?

I gave our bank our new address a month ago. Last week tried to order tickets to a local theater online and because I used the new address my checkcard didn't go through. Then I used the old address and it worked fine.