Target Guest Card Increase?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by $wealth$, Oct 17, 2001.

1. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

Opened my Target account in May 2001.

Do you think my account has been opened long enough to use their automatic service to request a credit line increase?

2. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

You should be eligible for $100.00 w/o inquiry every 90 days exact(has worked for me).

Sister Girl

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Yes I think your account has been open long enough to use the automated system. I got my card in May 2001 as well ($200 limit). I used it Memorial Day weekend for the first time. Have made small purchases here and there (balance never over $120) and on my September statement, they raised my limit to $500. I noticed that they did a soft inquiry in the middle of July 2001. I did try the automated increase at one point (can't remember exactly when but it was before the $500 increase) but it basically told me that my account was too new and I had to wait. No hard inquiry was done for that.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Can you post the automated number??

Thanks!

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

It's on the back of your target card.

6. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

F***! No increase at this time. Will receive letter. I currently only using half of my cl and my payments are always on time. Even pay a little more then minimum due.

:(

7. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Hopefully this info may help. I just spoke to a Target representative about increases and was told that they would like to see 6 months of on time payment before giving out increases and then after that every 90 days. So you may want to try again in a few weeks.

ledo