Target Guest card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by aaron24, May 29, 2003.

1. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

Pic.....they told me on the phone that they don't give anyone under 6 mos a cl increase, however, my mother in law got hers the same time as us and they raised her from $300 to $500 with no request from her.

2. rocket1977

rocket1977 Well-Known Member

Thats a lot of gas!!

3. kiddjason

kiddjason Active Member

Is Target an easy card to qualify for? Anyone have an idea of scores they look for?

4. cyana

cyana Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Target Guest card

If you're talking about the Target *Guest* I'd say it's fairly easy to get. They pull EQF if you apply online, TU if you apply in store. I had a recent CH7 discharge (12/02) and applied online and my EQF was was my lowest score at 584 (probably because it doesn't have any employment history on it - something that I will change soon - it's of lesser importance right now).

Received my updated TU report yesterday (6/9) because I disputed some things and Target is reporting with my high balance and my CL (only $200). I've had my Target card since early April so I think two months is acceptable to start reporting. I disputed similar things online with EXP and I am expected their updated report soon.

5. cre8ivegrl

cre8ivegrl Well-Known Member

I got mine today. I wasn't going to apply until the end of summer but on a whim while I was in the store I went ahead. 300 CL plus 10% off my purchase today (if I'd have known I might have bought more, hehe).

BTW... I didn't even try for the Visa. I just applied for the guest card. Now I need to get one for DH. I'll have to wait until this last round of disputes comes back then decide which way to go, online or in store.

6. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

Still no word yet on my "report the credit limit" dispute to EQ and EXP (both still show as pending and the former shows that it should've come back already).

7. cre8ivegrl

cre8ivegrl Well-Known Member

Well, I decided to apply online for DH. Approved for $200 CL. That quick. It's a retail card. Now we have to see how they report.

8. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

UGH!

Experian dispute just came back...all the SOBs did was update the current balance, the $23 "credit limit" stayed intact (only now the card is at 56% "utilization" according to them).

Ho boy, I can only count the days until Citibank decides to jack me (that plus the $2900 balance on Crap 1 to "fix" the reported limit has got to have them itching to try it)

$@#%&*@$!