Target Guest ---> Target Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NJones, Sep 13, 2003.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Target Guest ---> Target Visa

CLI'S ARE 100% PAYMENT HISTORY BASED!!!

(Inside information)---DON'T TELL ANYBODY

1-877-294-7880...WON'T HURT TO TRY---NO INQUIRY

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

See my post on the other thread where you asked about my increases. I pay my bill in full every month. I don't think it matters (not for me, maybe for everyone else)!

3. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Target Guest ---> Target Visa

I love walmart and they just opened up a new superwalmart here nearby so I go there for everything! Target is just more expensive and I prefer walmart.

My sams club card has a credit line on it and I found out I can use that at walmart too if I want.

4. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Yes, I think you can use Sam's Club card at Wal*Mart and Wal*Mart card at Sam's. They're owned by the same company.

I wish I had a Super Wal*Mart. The nearest one is about 50 miles away. Whenever I'm traveling and find a Super Wal*Mart, I'm there. Even a regular one will do! My husband is always giving me a hard time because everywhere we go I want to check out the Wal*Mart.

But each one is different!!!

Next time I get to Colorado I'll have to look GEORGE up!

5. GoreyGirl

GoreyGirl Well-Known Member

I used to love Walmart but got tired of their attitude that everyone who walks through the door is a potential shoplifter. At least at our local Walmart, their detector at the exits goes off so many times for no reason that it's absurd.

I can't tell you how many times I've set it off and had to submit to having everything checked before I could leave. It happened once too often and my temper almost got the better of me and I left before my big mouth would have brought security to throw me out. I also find their employees here to be loud, rude and totally clueless. Definitely "From Welfare To Work" program is being used here. Only they forget to teach the basis of customer service and the proper business attitude.

Target always makes me feel welcome and treats shoppers with respect. And the quality of their goods is much better then Walmart, and just a bit more expensive. Just my opinion, of course.

Anyway--wouldn't it be impossible for me to get anything, even from Target, because of my bankruptcy? Even a guest card, whatever that is?
    Seems nobody wants my business even though I don't owe anybody a single cent.

Sorry for the angry post and if I offended anyone. I'm not in a good mood this morning. :((

6. annie

annie Well-Known Member

I prefer Target, the stores are cleaner and more organized. Our Wal-Mart is trashy and they only have one or two lanes open out of the 30 possible. If you want some insight into Wal-Mart, read the book "Nickel and Dimed in America." This will give you some true insight into our working poor in Amreica and has caused me to treat those in the service industry with more respect.

7. annie

annie Well-Known Member

I mean America

8. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

My bankruptcy was discharged 5/92
    and I got my target guest card in 1998 so it is possible if you have a bankruptcy on your credit.

9. jrjr37

jrjr37 Well-Known Member

Try writing a check for a moderately large purchase.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Target Guest ---> Target Visa

As far as the ALARM going off...it is cashier error...MANY TIMES...but it also can be "TAG" ERROR...(invalid tag from another store)...or two tags on the same item...one gets deactivated...one does not...

I HAVE BEEPED MYSELF...I DON'T HAVE A HISSY...

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Target Guest ---> Target Visa

In reference to the RUDE employees...they are NOT TO BE RUDE...but it gets to some when you are asked where something is when the customer is 5 feet from it and they DID NOT LOOK FIRST...

...or they ask the CSM about tools...
    ...ask the LAYAWAY ASSOCIATE about makeup...
    ...or ask the INFANTS ASSOCIATE about camping supplies...
    ...or complain that there are carts "ALL OVER THE LOT"...so little me goes out to check...TOTAL CARTS---NINE---YES (9)...(ones that are not on the curb or in the cart corrals)

I HAVE LEARNED TO PLAY FOR THE 99.99% THAT DO NOT LEAVE THEIR BRAINS AT THE FRONT DOOR...

12. NJones

NJones Well-Known Member

What do you do when a customer refuses to show his receipt of purchases as he's walking out the door? Whether the alarm goes off or not? I never show mine or let anyone go through my things. The items belong to me as soon as I pay for them, and no one has any business searching them unless I allow them (unless they have a search warrant and a badge...)

13. GoreyGirl

GoreyGirl Well-Known Member

I have never yet had the alarm go off because the cashier didn't properly de-activate any tags. From the moment one walks through their door he/she is scrutinized.

Once my husband and I were looking for a new phone and were testing different models for weight and ease of dialing. Due to my disability these are important factors. After only a few minutes, we hear over the loudspeaker "Security cameras, phone department". What jerks! Wonder where they thought we were going to stuff a phone? In the little fanny pack I wear? Down the front of my hubby's pants, making him look like a super stud muffin?

I thought maybe it's just the one store but a visit to one closer to us now that we've moved had the same dingy and dreary looking aisles and duplicates of clerks who spend a good part of their day yelling to each other.

Maybe the Superstores are better but there's none within at least 100 miles.

I went to Target yesterday and again am impressed by the cleanliness, friendly and smart employees and the lack of a constant "Security to...." blaring out. Really wish they would consider me for a card because it is a pleasure to shop there, but with my BK nobody will do that for a long time. :(

14. BytemeCA

BytemeCA Well-Known Member

Not everybody does...I was denied the Target Guest card...guess I'm not worthy...but I did do a PFB for a reconsideration.