Target - No Freakin Way!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, May 11, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

SOMEONE PICK ME UP OFF THE FLOOR!!!!

Recap: I just got through paying a chargeoff from Target. Sent in the last payment on 1/17/01.

Just now I remembered that "Sam" said that they are now pulling Equifax so I decided to apply. I called first to speak to a rep to see if there was a chance of re-opening my account and she said that I had to re-apply...so I did. I used my Am/Ex Gold as a credit reference <snicker> and I didn't get instant approval. I got application needs further processing and gave me # so that I could check the status. After kicking myself for even applying, I decided...what the hell...and checked the status:

MP$40

Congratulations! Your application has been approved by Retailers National Bank.

Please keep a record of your account number, credit line and promotional code for your 10% savings on a target.com purchase. This information will not be redisplayed online.

Your account # is XXXXXXXXXX.
    Your credit line is $200.00.
    Your promotional code is xxxxxxxx.

Your promotional code expires on 05/12/2002.

You can use your new account to charge purchases at target.com immediately! Your new Target Guest Card will arrive in the mail within 2 weeks for shopping in-store.

I can't believe this! I am just blown away. I know it's only $200 but STILL.....this is great! Man, Target must be STRUGGLING for customers!

2. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

Do you know what credit score one needs to get the card? I love Target!

Thanks.

3. Cadillac408

Don't know. BUt I know my score on Equifax is 605 and my eLoan score (Experian?) is 607.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats. I got the card in the mail in a week. I suspect that your credit rating is rising quite a bit with all the Junum deletions etc.

5. Cadillac408

Thanks Jim...

I'm not sure what the deal is. 19 deletions w/ Junum but I still have a few paid negatives that I will work on getting off my self. But for now I'm taking a break. The credit stuff is wearing me out. I'll resume in a couple of months.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks Jim...

I understand completely. I may wait to dispute again in November. I say "may" because I change my mind day to day as something new comes up.

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks Jim...

btw, my score was 605 as well when they approved me for $300.

I Disputed most of my negatives, which artifically inflated my fico about 50 points.

Congrats!

my gf loves this store. Now i get stuck with the bill every time we go :(

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

MP, congrats!! Sounds like things are getting better and better :D

Keep in mind that just plain old "passage of time" raises your score too - taking time off won't hurt.

breeze

9. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I'm resisting the temptation to apply. Until last couple of months all of my accounts were at least a year old, but I recently added Walmart, NextCard and Shell. The Shell doesn't report, but the other two do.

I may go after Amex if I get brave but otherwise I think I'm done applying for credit for this year.

I'm glad you were approved though! Funny it was so soon after you paid the charge-off.

10. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Aren't all the Target cards going to be converted to Visa cards or Mastercards soon? I remember reading this somewhere not too long ago, but I haven't heard any more about it lately.