Target pulls??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jul 9, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Which CRA report?? Thanks!!

And, can you all tell me what your scores were when you were approved for Target?
    Thanks!

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Erica would know...but she is off brushing the dirt off of ancient burial grounds...fine time for her to up and leave when you have a question for her :)

So, Hows the house? Settlin in? Swimmin in the Ceement pond?

-Dave

3. making

making Well-Known Member

I applied recently. Its not on my experian and if worthknowing is accurate for transunion its not them either. So it must have been equifax for me. I checked Equifax like two weeks before I applied and I had a whopping 615. However, there were capone and orchard new accounts which may or may not have gotten onto the report by the time of the Target app, so it must have been less than 615. I got a $200 limit.

-scott

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

target switched from experian to equifax recently.

Their scoring model seems to give a bare-bones card to anyone with about 605 or better. probably 600 and up.

5. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

<creditmania.com> says they pull experian. I`m not so sure as I am currently disputing six items with them. I was approved for 300.00 limit with Experian score 597 and Equifax 598 or low 600`s the Equifax had to have risen since then, because all negatives have been deleted with only two bank loans one active and one closed and a bunch of inquiries.

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thank you all. I went to the credit ap...I have a question...It asks about length of time at residence...well, since we just purchased, we have less than 12 months here (though 3 years at previous)..think that is a problem?

I don't want a wasted inquiry!

7. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Target is SOOOOO easy to get. I got it instantly online with two charge-offs on my report. You might want to try applying online and use your old address as your current. I mean, you just bought your house, didn't you? Anyway, they pulled experian for me as well.

8. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

I was going to try the online app, but they wanted a credit card for a reference. I don't have one (yet). Has anyone received a Target card without another card for reference?

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Approved

Ok, I got Target..$200 limit..but still, not a wasted inquiry.

I did have a Visa..sorry, nursie..maybe someone else knows.

But, I did put my address in Colorado due to just purchasing this house..

I have mail forwarding..will it be forwarded (the card) or should I call them in a few days and say I purchased a house and change address..what would you advise?

Thanks

10. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Re: Approved

Nana, do you know which bureau they pulled on you?

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I don't know yet..but I have Equifax notification so I should know within 24 hours and I'll let you all know!

12. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Nursie when I applied I didn't have a credit card, so I used my bank debit card as a reference. Hey, it has the Visa logo on it. :) And it worked!

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OK, I called Target and explained I was buying a house and they changed the address..no problem! :) That was easy! Made a friend there, too!

So, that's it for me, no more credit for quite some time. Now to focus on hubby and the car we need about January!

Whew!

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and information. You have never steered me wrong!

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NanaC I recommend not only a POST OFFICE CHANGE OF ADDRESS...
    But notify EVERY magazine, utility, credit card, IRS, etc. (EVERYBODY)...
    The POST OFFICE has free change of address cards for this purpose...

NOTE...some envelopes will be returned to sender...like credit cards...says "DO NOT FORWARD"...

GOOD LUCK...

:)

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ALSO...POST OFFICE HAS A BOOK CALLED SOMETHING LIKE "MOVING GUIDE"...

16. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, George..gonna do exactly that! :)

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Target pulled Equifax..just wanted to finish up this thread!

18. heather

heather Well-Known Member

I just applied and got the "further processing" kiss of death. That pretty well means I am denied, doesn't it?

19. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Did you get an application number to check the status?

That's what happened to me. After I applied it said needs further processing and gave me a referral number so that I could return at a later time and check the status. I checked like 5 or 10 minutes later and I was approved for a $200 limit. I just got through paying a $300 Target chargeoff to their collection agency in January! And to top it off, the negative notation on my credit reports has been deleted and the new account is already appearing!

If they gave you an application ID, go here:
    https://target.com/ic/forms/appstat_sign_in.asp

And enter in the info and see what's up.

20. heather

heather Well-Known Member

Your application requires further processing.

You will receive a response in the mail within 2 weeks.

The Target Guest Card is a credit card issued by Retailers National Bank, an affiliate of Target.

That must mean denial since I did not even get a number to check it out.