Target pulls??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jul 9, 2001.

1. heather

heather Well-Known Member

Re: Approved

I just called the 1-800 and was denied. Thanks for trying to help.

2. Carrot

Carrot Member

I've been lurking around, read about the Target easy approval, and guess what? They approved me for a $200 limit! I'm so relieved, especially since I was turned down for the Chevron Credit Builders last year. Thanks for the tip, y'all.

Carrot

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Sorry Heather! :-(

DANG!

4. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Sorry Heather... :-(

If you don't mind me asking... What was your score?

MartysGirl

5. heather

Not sure what my score is on Equifax, but I have one account included in bankruptcy, one charge off, and one that should show as bankruptcy, but doesn't. I have one good trade line on Equifax.

oh, and two public records.

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Heather..maybe you could find out what your Equifax score is and then see how Target responds to a Planet Feedback complaint provided the score is in a reasonable range. I'm so sorry!

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Sorry, Heather.

Congrats Carrot.

breeze

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Congrats, Carrot! :)

9. heather

My score Equifax is 572, I would have to wait for the letter to come in the mail before they will even tell me anything, he the man I spoke with refused to tell a thing other than denied.

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hmm...well, you might decide if you feel like writing a complaint to Planet Feedback. I don't know where their cutoff is..but it can't "hoit" as they say!

11. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Carrot,
    Did you have a major cc to list on the app as a reference?

Terri

12. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Carrot

What was your score and did you have a major credit card to use??

MartysGirl

13. Carrot

Carrot Member

According to Creditexpert, my score is 615 with a discharged Chapter 7 from 1996 and two paid judgments from 1998. I have a Visa from Providian, so I used it for the reference.

Terri----My name is Terri, too!

Carrot

14. BostonJeff

BostonJeff Well-Known Member

FYI,

I've got approved for a Target card with 615 about three months ago with a $200.00 credit line. I've charged it up to the limit and have been making $50.00 payments monthly. Last week I also got approved for a Marshall Fields card, also issued by Retailors National Bank with a $300.00 credit limit. If you need some retail trade lines having a good history with Target might help get another card.

I initially tried to get the Marshall Fields card the same day I was approved for Target but they turned me down. Retailors also issues the Mervins (SP) card.

Good Luck.

BJ

15. OtherTerri

I have a good friend named Terri, that's why I am "otherterri"!

I actually have a Target card in my name, but my Mom got it for me on her account. It does not show up on my cr. My Equifax score is 499, so I can't use it to get another card yet. I would like to get a Target card for my husband, but we don't have a mc or visa to use as a reference. I wonder how closely they check because someone said they used their visa debit card. My husband was just approved for a K-Mart mc, I'm thinking of using that when it comes even though there will be no history.

Thanks for helping me out

16. OtherTerri

BJ is your name Jeff? Funny if it is, that's my husband's name!

17. OtherTerri

Carrot
    Is your Providian secured? I think I will have my husband apply to them next.

Terri

18. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Providian would be a great start! Have you considered the *Smart* card that they are offering? A couple of my friend's have applied and got a card w/ $250 and $300 limit. My ex gets pre-approvals for their *Clear* card w/ a limit up to $300 (oh goodie!) all the time. Why bother with that card when you have Am/Ex Gold though.....

19. Carrot

Carrot Member

Terri,

My Providian is not secured. I got it about two years after my bankruptcy with an initial $400 limit. The limit is now around $5700. As long as you've never defaulted on them, you probably won't have a problem getting a card.

BTW, at my old job I was also known as "the other Terri".

20. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

BostonJeff,

Did you know that you can use Target at Marshall Fields and vice versa? Just an FYI.

Erica (Target Employee)