Target/Retailers National Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, May 20, 2000.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I have an exisiting Retailers National Bank account through Mervyn's California (clothing store). Target also uses this bank for their store-issued credit card.

I am thinking about applying for the Target Card, but am afraid a denial might also result in a shut-down of my exisiting account due to past credit problems (it has remained in good standing since 1987).

Any thoughts?

2. Michelle

Michelle Guest

RE: Target/Retailers National

From my experience, Target is one of the easiest to get. They approved me and than my husband for his own account. Our scores were really low at the time of approval. I think it was an instant one where they didnt't even pull a report. We have had the accounts for almost a year and they have never upped our limits even though we always pay on time and more than the required and have never gone over the limt. Our scores have gone up since we received the cards but still no increases, although I haven't called and asked for an increase.

3. FISH

FISH Guest

They are very slow to increase the limits, but they will after time. I have had two increases $100. each time, but it seems like a couple of years, even though they have been paid more than due and paid off several times.

4. C

C Guest

I got a Target card with a $500 limit and I have the worst credit imaginable! So I say try it!