Target Statements

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kelly, May 28, 2001.

1. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I made a purchase in Feb - a few weeks later paid it online. I received my March statement with the balance. But Target never generated a statement in April with my payment. I thought they were required to send a statement when there is any activity? I checked online - only the march statement with the balance.

BTW - how often do they report - I noticed my Experian report still shows the balance

2. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I have never made a payment online to Target, but if I were you I would call and ask. I am suprised to hear that you did not receive a statement. Everytime I have paid my Target card off they even go as far as to send a statement showing the payment and a zero balance.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CALL THEM UP ON THE PHONE AND ASK FOR A STATEMENT.

SEARS never sends a statement if the only thing on it is a payment.

TO FIX THAT...PAY $5.00 too much, you will get a statement...BUT THEY MAY ALSO SEND YOU A CHECK WITH-OUT ASKING IF YOU WANT IT!!!

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Kelly,
    I tried to pay the Target card on-line and they system prompt back "Paid less the minium balance required. I tried a couple of times and I still get the same results. I quit to try it out and I used Bank Of America Bill pay for paying my Target bill. I got my E-statement last month and I still got my bill on the mail.

Ron.

5. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

I paid double the minimum payment showing on my March E-statement. I never received an April statement via mail, nor could I see it via online. I called Target Guest and they referred me to the one handling E-statement. He told me I was overdue. I made another payment via E-statement, and then received my May statement via mail and online. I wonder if paying online screws us up.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ALWAYS CONFIRM 24-72 HOURS LATER THAT YOUR ON-LINE PAYMENT POSTED FOR ANY CREDIT CARD, NOT JUST TARGET!

7. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

hmmmm - maybe the e-payments screwed up my April statement. I'll call when they open and ask for a statement. I know they credited my account I've got the e-payment confirmation # and the automated account information shows a 0 balance.

To my second question - does target report monthly? - My Experian still shows the last update in March? and they don't report the limit so it looks maxed. Maybe they report when statements r generated? I guess I can ask when I call, huh :)

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

target unlike others doesn't post e-statement payments until the next billing cycle, odd. I just paid online with it. maybe i'll double up and pay with check in store as well. Can't hurt, whats another $20.

9. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

George was right. They don't send out statements if the balance = $0. The rep also said they report monthly and blamed Experian for the delay. I requested a letter with current balance via the automated system. I figured if I requested my last statement, they'd just send me March again since I haven't had a statement generated since. I like to pay online. But the system doesn't let you pay more than your balance - so I'm mailing payments from now on! :)