Target Visa Increase-90 Days

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by christi523, Oct 23, 2002.

1. christi523

christi523 Well-Known Member

Has anyone received an increase after 90 days with the Target Visa? I was approved for only $500. I was told that I could call back after 90 days for an increase. Well I did and, guess what, I was denied. The gentlemen that I spoke with told me that he did not know the reason for the denial. All he could tell me is that I would receive a letter in 7-10 days. I do have a past BK, but they approved me knowing I had a BK. My EQ score was in the 650's. I really don't understand why I was denied for an increase since my score has improved on all three reports since I first applied. I don't even see where they did an A/R on any of my reports. I also have used the card quite frequently and have paid if off a few times. I know that alot of of CreditNetters have applied around the same time as I did for the Target Visa. Has anyone gotten the 90 day increase upon request?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

My wife was told they do "AUTOMATIC" increases now...basically~~~DON'T ASK

My wife was also told that she WON'T be able to get a lower rate till the card expires...(11/04)

I got $500 a while ago...and FINALLY 9.90%

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

F.Y.I.~~~NOBODY HERE HAS EVER REPORTED AN "AUTOMATIC" INCREASE!!!

4. christi523

George,

Can you tell me who Target Visa pulls to do an AR? Thanks.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RNB TARGET CORP
    Date: 09/25/2002, 06/10/2002

EXPERIAN

6. picantel

picantel Well-Known Member

Be happy. They turned me down with a 684 equifax. I could not even get the lousy $500

7. whyspers

whyspers Well-Known Member

They gave my husband a $500 increase after six months AND lowered his apr. I asked at the same time, but they told me I had to have the card six months for an increase...they did give me a lower apr, though.

I called back this week since it had been six months and was turned down flat for an increase and was told I could only get the apr lowered once by request. Funny thing is, my reports are completely clean and I have a 676 EQ. Hubby has a higher score than I do, but he also has a bk7 and about 8 included in bk accounts. Go figure.

I also got the spiel about the automatic increases. Oh, and another thing...I asked if they could close my Target retail and add the cl to my Target Visa and I was told they couldn't do that. I told them I knew several people who had done it and they told me I must be mistaken. Ah well...

L

8. christi523

It doesn't make sense. I was able to get down from 18.9 to 15.9 then to 12.9 within one month. My husband who opened an account within the same week was only able to get one APR decrease to 15.9. The very same day I got lowered to 12.9, My husband called and was told "no".

I think it really depends on who you get when you call.

I just checked my Exp and they haven't even done an A/R yet. So why tell me that I have to wait 90 days for an increase(two different reps from Target Visa told me this) then deny an increase for no reason??

9. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

I had an increase given to me through the rep in june and I called in early october for another increase. The rep told me they were only automatic, and I said oh no they aren't becuase I got my last one by speaking to an account manager. Boom, she transferred me to the manager. Approved for a $700 limit increase on the spot, bringing my total limit to $4700.

10. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

I received a card with a $3k CL to replace my Guest Card that had a $500 CL. In the first month before I had even received my first statement they gave me a $300 automatic CL stating that I had shown responsible use. I was perplexed but happy.

EQ - 610

11. kustomkat

kustomkat Well-Known Member

Just because everyone else had one i just applied and got onlined approved for a whopping 700 bucks at 15.9% oh yeah

talk about a waste of an inquiry.

has anybody gotten the limit raised immediately.

Kev

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You were too late...you should have done it DECEMBER 2001...wife and I got $10,000 each (INSTANT).

I'll get REAMED for this...but are you INSULTED??? Call them up and tell them you are INSULTED getting a "TOY" card...

13. dogboy

dogboy Member

I originally had a Target guest card with a $600 credit limit. When they started up the Target VISA card they gave me a $4000 limit. When I received the first statement the credit line was $5800 and it said something about a great payment history, guess they meant with the Target guest card.

I have since called and had my APR reduced from 18.9% to 10.9% after threatening to close the account.

14. annie

annie Well-Known Member

When dealing with Target, it really is a crap shoot. I get a different story each and every time I call them. I am going to pay off my guest card and wait and hope the send me the VISA. I spoke to a rep on Satutrday and she said they were tightening up increase due to the ecnonmy. But Christmas is coming and all retailers want us out spending. So by doing CHOD and hopefully I will get an increase. Maybe not.

15. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

A little late on this. Was reading all the posts I missed while away. Anyway, I called upon online approval and got an immediate $1000 increase. When the card came, I called and got the apr dropped one level. 6 months later called for another increase. Was transferred to "credit?" and given an instant $700 increase.

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I got $500 increase, wife NOTHING, she was told they do it automatically.

NOBODY HERE HAS EVER REPORTED AN "AUTOMATIC" INCREASE!!!

17. dogboy

dogboy Member

Well George, as stated earlier I received a $1800 credit line increase without even using the card after my guest card was converted to a Target VISA, so I guess it happens.

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'm talking about like every 90 days an AUTOMATIC increase...NOT a new card account (especially a GUEST CARD TRANSFER)...

19. christi523

I just called Target Visa today. It has been 15 days since CL increase denial and still no letter. I would love to know why they denied me but they can't say over the phone. Anyway, I was assured that in 90 days, I could get an increase. I have used this card heavily and paid it off several times, not to mention I have been a Target retail cardholder for 5 years. I have not once been late. I am very fed up so I canceled the Visa account today. I would love to cancel the retail also, but it has a 5 year history so I will just put it away and not use it. I have looked at all my CR's and Target hasn't even done an A/R on my account. The rep stated that they can do a soft score. Isn't that the same as an A/R and wouldn't it be listed on the credit report? I think they are full of it.